Questions about using the Dynamic Difficulty Creator/RS toolkit

mikewiehle

Question

A couple of questions please, from someone trying to learn this (I have underlined the instructions I am having trouble with):

It was said: "  Dynamic Difficulty Creator
  I am pleased to share with you the "Dynamic Difficulty Creator" which :
  - uses the XML files of each arrangement to produce a new version of these files (files like "PART REAL_GUITAR.xml")
  - generates all phrases automatically (if not already created in EOF)
  - generates all levels of dynamic difficulties from 0 to 19 if needed for each phrase
  For best results :   - choose a song with a 3/4, 4/4 or 6/4 time signature (others not still tested)   - during the synchronization process in EOF, don't move the notes, just move the main measures (vertical bars)   - create sections and phrases in EOF carefully because they strongly influence DDC process   - All sections and phrases must start on the main beat of a measure    If these rules are bypassed, DDC can work, but the results are not garenteed ...

and ... The package must contain no DD inside or DD generated with DDC v1.7 or upper release".

First, it said 'the DDC creates the phrases', then later 'to create the phrases very carefully'.  So, do I have to create phrases in the song before using the DDC?  Or can I let the DDC do this completely for me?  Also, how do I handle sections?  Do I need to create those?  Will the DDC also create these automatically?  At what point do I create the sections?  Before running xml through the DDC?

Next, it was said not to move the notes during the sync process.  So is it okay to adjust notes when I first import the guitar pro tab to align them with the song, and then lock tempo map?  What is meant by 'sync process'?

Last, someone else mentioned having no DD inside the package.  So do I just create an amazing level, align the notes, adjust settings and then save and run that xml through the DDC?  No need to manually make every level now?

Thanks, Mike

11 answers to this question

The phrases are optional, DDC will create them on its own if you don't, but if you place them you may be able to get better control over how the difficulty levels are created.  The sections are required to be hand-placed though, and you would do that before using DDC.  To do so in EOF, just click on the beat marker where one should go (ie. the first beat in a verse) and use the function in the Beat>Rocksmith menu to place an "RS section" (or press the given keyboard shortcut) with the appropriate text (ie. "verse").

When you synchronize tablature that you import, the best method is to click and drag the beat markers (-->) to line up with the drummer, which is better than syncing to a guitarist because the drums will be more consistent among all of the guitar/bass parts of the song.  When you move beat markers, the notes will be automatically adjusted as long as you don't disable that feature in the preferences.

To use DDC you should just have to author a single-difficulty chart with sections.  It will create DD (dynamic difficulties) for you.

It can make things easier to do it that way, but the often a note is auto-adjusted by moving a beat, the more out of sync it can potentially get (since they are stored in whole milliseconds and beats are stored with higher precision). Syncing the beats and then importing the tab makes it easier to avoid that, but even then it's nothing a resnap couldn't fix.

Ray,

Your explanation is awesome.  Because I am putting together a guide I want to make sure I have this down and in right order.  Some steps are abbreviated so you don't have to read a book!

1a)  Set up preferences, "Save separate Rocksmith files", etc.

1b)  In eof import the mp3 and do all the steps to name file and folder, set to 256, etc.

2)  generate a visible wave graph with F5

3)  Now go to Song -> Track -> PART_REAL_GUITAR (Lead)

4)  Go to Song -> Leading Silence.  3000milsec and select re-encode

5)  import Guitar Pro tabs from File -> Guitar Pro Import

6)  select which track in the GP file you want to place on the note highway, click Import, then Done.

**Now what I normally do here is make sure there is leading silence, drag the first beat marker (white line) and place it at first note is the waveform (song), then I adjust the bpm (very carefully, typically mnay times)  until the last note on the note highway lines up with the last note of song (and waveform graph).  Then I go in and adjust sections of notes to match song where needed).

From what you said, I may be doing this all wrong, "click and drag the beat markers (-->) to line up with the drummer, which is better than syncing to a guitarist because the drums will be more consistent among all of the guitar/bass parts of the song.  When you move beat markers, the notes will be automatically adjusted as long as you don't disable that feature in the preferences".

Restating what you said to see if I have it right, after step 6 above I will have the waveform and notes (which I have never seen be lined up correctly); instead of adjusting the notes I should drag the beat markers to line up with the drumming in the song.  My understanding of how to do this would be to drag the first beat marker to the first sound of a drum in the song.  Then drag the second beat marker to the next drum beat (are you using the bass drum as reference??) and so through the whole song??  And this will also move the notes?  What do I need to check to see if it is disabled?

Thanks, Mike

You don't have to manually sync every single beat marker unless the musicians are really that far out of tempo at a certain part of the song, usually you can do alright by just syncing one beat marker every measure or two for most of the song. Also, adding leading silence isn't necessary unless the guitar/bass part of the song begins RIGHT at the beginning and the player wouldn't get at least a couple seconds of warning before the notes are reached when they start the song.

Ray,

Got it figured out, it worked awesome.  So much easier than doing all the levels by hand.  Only problem I have is the tone for the acdc song sounded off.  I used dist. tone from walk this way (just guessed).  I have other acdc cdlc that sounds great.  Anyway to look at the tone they are using?

Mike