Reggae & Ska testing area

fripponomic

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@Aludog, sounds nice :)  I would try to transcribe the guitars. I could only use the link from your 2nd post, because the first was not available in Germany :rolleyes:  again

If you do the bass it would be fine if you can share the tab with me, so I can complete it with guitars. I guess you are using GP, don't you?

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@@Aludog, sounds nice :)  I would try to transcribe the guitars. I could only use the link from your 2nd post, because the first was not available in Germany :rolleyes:  again

If you do the bass it would be fine if you can share the tab with me, so I can complete it with guitars. I guess you are using GP, don't you?

Yep, I use GP. I'm not sure yet which track I'm gonna work on though. I like "Call Waiting" but there's not much guitar in there. "Dollar And A Dream" might be more interesting but that's definitely gonna be a five string bass line.

There at CF uploaded new cdlc  by uyssico, very fun a song by Ska-P - Cannabis

But so as there don`t show section, and author seems not want fix it,   after check beatmap his version, i started making my version. 

So i used:

enough good tabs from net, my audio with more good quality,  of course my beatmap.

Make a lot fix in bass tabs and a lot changing fingers positions, bcs i unlike play notes at open string at bass (bad sounds), and in some places now more easy to play, with new positions.

So, please test chart for bass, i promise it very fun (tone not tested, use your) - >>

Upd. I talk with uyssico, and he will make one cdlc, with bonus bass (my), and use my beatmap with new audio. So please help improve all in charts.

Edited by Motive

• 2 months later...

after a while I worked on another tune that fits best to here, kind of a fast Reggae in swing feel. 

I reworked one of my Fishbone CDLCs with the latest EoF hotfix which finaly supports shuffle or swing feel. Wow, I really wished this feature, and now I'll rework all my shuffle customs.

It was a bit strange before if you play a shuffle in SA and only getting most perfects if you play the 8ths straight. That just sounds and feels wrong. But now it is like it should be  :v:

Fishbone - Cholly v2.0

• Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

• 3 weeks later...

:lol:

my next custom :D another song from my old band Krakatit, this one is some kind of reggae-swing, funny one

Tabs are already finished and synchronized. Actually I'm looking for good tones. Can't get a good banjo sound in Sound Designer. Maybe I create something with some crazy effects, bajo is always a few seconds two times.

The bass solo of course needs a good fretless sounding tone, that will be not easy.

ok, even finished the custom "Nachbarschaft"

I would add it to the SSL, but I'm not sure about the difficulty... it's hard to rate a song that you created. Also I couldn'd find a good banjo tone, so I made something with an auto filter...

If anyone could test it would be nice

• 1 month later...

Did a few Five Iron Frenzy bass customs to test out my ears, and unfortunately found myself wanting. Largely a ska-punk band, but the two customs I explicitly got to testing are Third World Think Tank and Get Your Riot Gear, the former of which pushes harder into punk and the latter is definitely a swing song, so I can understand if they aren't exactly what testers are expecting. Rambling aside:

Third World Think Tank

-Another set of ears on this would be good.

Get Your Riot Gear

-In particular opinions on the chorus. It doesn't sound good to me an octave lower, but the current octave makes that chord way harder. Opinions in general are welcome.

Third World Think Tank uses Time Bomb as a tone and Get Your Riot Gear uses Guns of Brixton.

• Like 1

I've always got the multitracks.

• 1 month later...

New Fishbone cdlc, already in the db, but never to late for a test.

For me everything sounds and plays good, but always open for any suggestions

Fishbone - Just Allow - nice ska song

• Like 1

thanks for the suggestion. I adjusted the main and solo distortion guitar with just using another mic with a different position and volume up. Also to the clean just more ampgain and an additional EQ, more volume there would be too much.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

my newest Ska customs is finished.

Another song from my friends Ninos con Bombas - Skreamska, Ska/Latin-Punk

again I transcibed all 3 arrangements by ear.

If anybody wants to test it, please let me know if anything could be improved.

2 of 3 tones are from the other Ninos custom Postcard, a little bit modified.

I hope you'll like it :)

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

it's quiet for a loong time here :mellow:
Is there anyone else but me???
It's also a long time ago I made any ska or reggae cdlc.
There was Rock'n Roll, Jazz-Rock and any cool and crazy Hardcore and Jazzcore and don't know what the other is, but no R&S.
But now I'm working on another cool Rocky Dawuni song with Bass and 2 Guitars.
I'm still wondering how to do the Guitar tone for 2nd Guitar with the wah effect, that's not possible in RS, tried this already, but no way to create a wah on longer sustains that open & close a few times. any suggestions for that?
this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x15zp_ZFJQY