Can Tabs Cause CDLC to Crash?

I think I can probably have it discard the last bend point of a bend if it was the same height as the previous point

Peaches, ony real improvement I can think of.

I know tech note import has been discussed before, and I wasn't having a bash at EoF I was just trying to inderstand the problem.

Or moreover, let the community understand the problem.  I've been working away on complex charts for a while now, its second nature to me to fix tech notes.  I am more worried about inexperienced charters getting the most from their efforts.

I talked before about beat sensitive tech import, and I realise that's never going to happen (GP file fault).  What about though, an algorithm to import tech notes on an average basis i.e. tech notes are averaged out along the sustain of the bend - that's gotta look far more useful to most end users than vertical faces for the first fraction of the bend, then a long straight (unaccurate) tail?

That's fine, I want to look into things that may be causing problems in-game. In this case it was more that GP files on the internet aren't authored in a way that directly maps properly to Rocksmith. I don't know what you mean about a "beat sensitive tech import" feature, could you elaborate on this? Trying to change tech note positions from where they're defined in the GP file could be problematic. EOF doesn't have much choice but to trust that the GP file is correct. If it started adjusting the bend point positions, it may not sound correct at all anymore in-game.

I've never been satisfied by the way bend tech notes get imported into EoF, so I always erase them and place new ones manually. I honestly think that it's absolutely necessary to put in that extra work even if it can be tiresome with songs that feature lots of them. Guitar solos in general are always a lot of work because you need to fine tune exact note placements, slides, bends, ho/po's, etc. Making yourself familiar with tech notes is important if you want to give your custom the necessary touch to get it from good to great. :)

Same shit here, i also always go at the end of the authoring process over the solo and fix tab errors and place tech notes how i want, i never use what is imported its full of errors like the notes and chords in the song. High quality standards :D can be a bitch sometimes but when the custom is done and its like you want its a great pay.

If they would use EOF to transcribe music they would make way more accurate tabs, EOF does give you a lot of great tools for that.

Yeah, the fact that tech notes are problematic after import is definitely not EoF's fault because bends in GP are already a mess. Even there I'm never quite happy with the way bends look in the tab or sound in playback. Thankfully it's pretty easy with EoF to work out these issues. At least this way you can proof your determination and show how dedicated you are to your work. That has value in itself and it also helps you to find issues in the tab that you might otherwise overlook.

With the term beat sensitive bends I just meant having the tech notes spreads out across the bends as it sounds in the GP program, as oppossed to all of them at the beginning.  I see that is not possible now with the way you all describe how GP works.

An average spread might be very useful though, for charters who do not pay attention to tech notes.  Well, useful for the end user who's playing the thing :D

EOF does spread them out that way, at least as how they're defined. If you select a bend note in Guitar Pro and press B to edit it, it will show a graph of all the bend points, and EOF takes those points and distributes them at the corresponding positions throughout the note. During audio playback in Guitar Pro, it may or may not synthesize the sound exactly as it's authored, I can't really say.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy