REQ: Corrosion of Conformity Albums (Have PDF Tabs)

Hey guys,

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place and there's another big COC fan that will be willing to help with this, might make a fun project, as these songs are a BLAST to play.

Figured this might be a cool project in honor of Pepper just now rejoining the band.

I know GP tabs (or any tabs in general) for COC stuff are pretty hard to find around the internet.  I recently paid somebody to tab out scores for the Deliverance and Wiseblood albums and was wondering if someone might be interested in using those PDF files to make CDLC.  I know it's more difficult not having the GP tabs, but it might be a fun project...I'd do it if I was better at using EOF etc.

Tracklists are as follows:

DELIVERANCE:

1."Heaven's Not Overflowing"

2."Albatross"

3."Clean My Wounds"  

4."Without Wings"  

5."Broken Man"  

6."Señor Limpio"  

7."Mano de Mono"  

8."Seven Days"  

9."#2121313"  

10."My Grain"  

11."Deliverance"  

12."Shake Like You"  

13."Big Problems"

14."Shelter"  

15."Pearls Before Swine"

Senor Limpio, Seven Days, and Pearls Before Swine would be a fuckin BLAST to play.

WISEBLOOD:

1."King of the Rotten" 
2."Long Whip / Big America"  
3."Wiseblood"  
4."Goodbye Windows"  
5."Born Again for the Last Time"  
6."Drowning in a Daydream"  
7."The Snake Has No Head" (featuring Alex Montana)
8."The Door"  
9."Man or Ash" (featuring James Hetfield)
10."Redemption City"  
11."Wishbone (Some Tomorrow)"  
12."Fuel"  
13."Bottom Feeder (El Que Come Abajo)"  

Long Whip, The Door, Redemption City, and Bottom Feeder would be amazing.  Would especially love to see Bottom Feeder.

If this is something you'd like to take on, just reply and/or message me your email addy and I'll send over the PDFs.  I did buy these scores, so please be serious about working on these if you do want me to email them to you, of course I'd share them with any other diehard COC fans.

The tabs have the correct tuning for each song, and I think have at least lead and rhythm, if not the bass parts as well (they're on my other computer so I'll check to verify).  They're professionally made, and I can tell you from experience playing them that for the most part they're very accurate to the sound of the albums.  Lots of things looked wrong on paper to me but when I played them I was like "Wow, that's how that's played", totally shocked me.

Hope someone's interested in doing this, hit me up if ya are.

Just another quick note, if you're really serious about working on these, I might be willing to help transfer them to GP format (has to be done manually afaik, I've tried copy/pasting etc and it didn't work).  I've done some GP tabbing and I'm not very quick at it, but might be able to help.  Like I said, it's a very slow process, so please be serious about working on them if it's something you want to do.

I started Albatross awhile back, but the tab was wrong and I haven't gotten back to it. Also think senor limpio would be a blast. The tabs I have for albatross are close enough, I just need to take the time to fix it. And time has been a precious commodity lately. And I have senor limpio gp tabs.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

I started Albatross awhile back, but the tab was wrong and I haven't gotten back to it. Also think senor limpio would be a blast. The tabs I have for albatross are close enough, I just need to take the time to fix it. And time has been a precious commodity lately. And I have senor limpio gp tabs.

Awesome man, I sent Gnobiwan the scores for both albums, as he said he's interested in transcribing.  I requested that he do Seven Days as one of the songs, since it's one of my favorites, but other than that it sounds like he's going to work on a few.  If you'd like I can send you the PDF tabs or wait to see what Gnobiwan comes up with.  Hopefully we can get some new COC customs going soon!  :)

Cool stuff. I never listened much to COC but I like them and if you want I could do "The Door" from the Wiseblood album. I will work on it as soon as I've finished up my next project. Just send me the tabs via PM.

Right on, just sent you a link to a Google Drive download for the tabs, let me know if you have any trouble.  Thanks!

Well,I'm working out of town right now and I could be doing that for a few months. I never thought to save EoF stuff to laptop because until now there was no reason to. So you guys knock yourselves out. If I get a chance I Wil work on customs, but for now, I just can't.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

I am starting the pdf->gpx/gp5 of Seven Days now. Once it's done I will have a go at making it into a custom.

If anyone wants to get a jump and see if they can find a decent tone for it from an existing dlc/cdlc, that would be appreciated. 

I have thought about appropriate tones as well but haven't yet come up with anything that would fit the bill. It definitely needs to have some fuzz but the solo tones often sound like they just use distortion. It will take some experimenting to get it right, I guess.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Quick update on this project's progress as I've got some time to start working on it again:

DELIVERANCE:

1."Heaven's Not Overflowing" - Not Started (Have score)

2."Albatross" - Not Started (Have score/Another version already exists on Ignition)  The existing version is very solid but I'll still do it eventually

3."Clean My Wounds" - Not Started (Have score/Another version already exists on Ignition)  The existing version is solid but I'll still do it eventually

4."Without Wings" - Not Started (Have score/Another version already exists on Ignition)  The existing version needs some work if I remember right, and I will do it eventually

5."Broken Man" - Not Started (Have score) 

6."Señor Limpio" - In Progress (Do not have official score, but working on an existing GP tab) - Video Preview of Lead Part:  https://youtu.be/OIGNRgMmFi4

7."Mano de Mono" - Not Started/Not Planned (Do not have score or tab) 

8."Seven Days" - Completed (No DD, Lead/Rhythm/Bass)  Link:  http://customsforge.com/index.php/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/seven-days-r34222

9."#2121313" - Not Started/Not Planned (Do not have score or tab)  

10."My Grain" - Not Started (Have score/tentatively plan on completing after Deliverance)

11."Deliverance" - In Progress (Have score/Bass & Rhythm GP tabs nearly complete)

12."Shake Like You" - Not Started (Have score)  

13."Shelter" - Not Started (Have score)  

14."Pearls Before Swine" - Completed (No DD, Lead/Rhythm/Bass)  Link:  http://customsforge.com/index.php/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/pearls-before-swine-r34903

WISEBLOOD:

1."King of the Rotten"  - Not Started (Have score)

3."Wiseblood"  - Not Started (Have score/Another version already exists on Ignition) I seem to remember the existing version having sync issues but it's been years since I've played it, I'll be doing my own version regardless.

5."Born Again for the Last Time"  - Not Started (Have score)

6."Drowning in a Daydream"  - Not Started (Have score)

7."The Snake Has No Head" - Not Started/Not Planned (Do not have score)

9."Man or Ash" - Not Started (Have score)

11."Wishbone (Some Tomorrow)"  - Not Started (Have score)

12."Fuel"  - Not Started (Have score/Another version already exists on Ignition I THINK)  I believe there's a bass cdlc that exists for this, I'll be doing my own version of it as well.

13."Bottom Feeder (El Que Come Abajo)"  - Completed (No DD Lead/Rhythm/Bass)  Link:  http://customsforge.com/index.php/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/redemption-city-r34711

Also worth mentioning are the status of Blind, America's Volume Dealer, and In The Arms of God...

I put up a solid version of Vote With A Bullet based on a GP tab you can find pretty easily with Google, but don't have any other scores/tabs from Blind to work with.

AVD and ITAOG are pretty much the same deal, no GP tabs floating around, and I don't have the scores or know where to get them.

ITAOG will probably be the easiest of the 3, as I've already partially completed GPX files for Paranoid Opioid, Stonebreaker, and In The Arms of God.  I could probably finish the title track pretty quickly if I flaked out on the nuance of some of the lead parts, it's a pretty rad little riff but I'd feel bad releasing a lead track that wasn't complete accurate on solos/leads.  They're probably my "nearest to done" long term projects.

Blind would probably come next since there are a lot of partial tabs written in text that I could piece together and get the rest done by ear.

AVD in my mind has always been the one that would be the most work, just based off of having listened to the album so many times over the years.  It's the odd man out obviously in terms of pretty much everything, and the tabs out there that do exist for it are all piecemeal.  It'll probably be the last one I work on, even though Diablo Blvd and Take What You Want are some of my favorites (always loved the end of Take What You Want when Pep/Woody goes all Green Hell with the heavy guitar riff during the break in the vocals...the ending of the song fucking whomps ass because of that, there's a lot of that type of shit on AVD...parts of Over Me kind of do the same thing)  AVD's really the one I want to do most aside from a track or two on Blind and ITAOG (Dance of the Dead, Damned for All Time, It Is That Way, and Dirty Hands/Empty Pockets immediately come to mind). 

There ain't no way I'm doing Long Whip and not doing Dirty Hands eventually so that's pretty high on my list.  Long Whip was probably the most labor-intensive track of my project so far, incidentally, and probably my favorite of the group so far followed by Bottom Feeder...if you haven't played Long Whip in particular you really should, it's fun as fuck and really rewarding once you get the riffs down.  Redemption City is on the complete other end of the spectrum, very repetitive and almost irritating to play at times (especially the lead part, I actually have a couple spots I need to fix on that), but I think the rhythm part for it is really rewarding once you get it locked in even if it is repetitive, I played that shit for hours on end trying to get it dialed in and it feels great to play once you get it.  Goodbye Windows is probably the trickiest one of the group I've finished so far, the staggered timing on the "opening riff to No Remorse" style hammer-on power chord is a bitch.

Damned For All Time is the one I want to do the most, but there's just no fucking way that's happening any time soon unfortunately unless I can find an official score.  I absolutely lose my shit to that song and I'm dying to play it, but yeah...

• 4 years later...

Hi all, 

After a fortune of time searching Ultimate-Guitar and just about every tab library on the planet, I lucked out on finding decent Corrosion of Conformity PDF or GP tabs — and then I stumbled on this gem! I would LOVE to get my hands on the PDF or GP versions of these songs if you'd be open to sharing them @ Gnobiwan  (or others who have them). Big thanks in advance.