A new feature to follow an artist?

rummhamm87

Question

I was just wondering if it would be possible to add a new way to follow a specific artist. I know you can check that on the old search. It would show up highlighted when you clicked on the old search, but that was about it. I don't check everyday to see the new stuff so I'm not sure when new cdlc is released by artists I like. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this. What new way I'm referring to specifically is if you favorite an artist and there's a change to a current cdlc song or new songs are added you get some type of notification somewhere just basically stating this. I'm not sure if this would be an easy thing to do or if it would be to complicated or a mess to make, but it's just a thought I had.   

7 answers to this question

You can already follow specific artists in Ignition, however there's no notification when a new custom is added for that artist.

The closest you can get is to click on "Add to Preferred Artist" on the drop-down menu beside the song, and then you can use the filter to only show preferred artists.  Since the default sort order is by date updated, anything new will be on the top of the list.

You also already get a notification for updates to customs that you've added to your collection, whether they are from a preferred artist or not.

I do realize all this information and I do utilize it, but it seems like I've only gotten notified twice about changes to cdlc. Other than that the majority of notifications are people saying thank you. I'm not complaining about this feature really. It does help but I'm just wondering mainly about if it would be a possibility to add a feature where you get notified of new cdlc to a artist your follow. I think that would be a great feature to this already great community.

You should be getting a notification for any custom that is updated to a new version.  I've gotten notifications for all of the customs that I have in my collection that have been updated.

I'm not 100% sure how it works, but I think it only sends a notification when a new version has been uploaded, and not when the original post has been edited by the charter (to add a playthrough video for example).  Again though, I'm not 100% sure.  I do know that any time a custom in my collection has been updated to a new version, I've gotten a notification.

The other notifications, for comments, are because you automatically follow the thread for customs you've added to your collection.  And, despite having turned off all email notifications, I still get emails any time a new comment has been posted.

I've griped about this in a few different threads including some suggestion threads, but none of the devs have responded or commented on the issue.  Hopefully the problem will get addressed at some point, because it's really annoying to constantly be getting emails because somebody said "thanks".

• Administrator

Hya, I can confirm, at least for myself, that the notifications work correctly and if you disable the emails in your notification options you should not be getting any emails. 

My notification preferences.
http://i.imgur.com/m5ZAdK1.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/9S6ikw6.jpg

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

Hya, I can confirm, at least for myself, that the notifications work correctly and if you disable the emails in your notification options you should not be getting any emails. 

I have the same preferences set up as you, with the exception of PM's.  I get an email any time somebody comments on a custom that I've added to my collection.

It seems like a few other users may be having the same problem:

http://customsforge.com/topic/15807-ignition-ideas/

http://customsforge.com/topic/14784-bold-for-new-listings/

• Administrator

I will send all the information over to the dev team. Maybe they'll be able to figure out what is going on.

• Like 1

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -