Official songs, not downloadable?

pmac60452

Question

7 answers to this question

That song, and all songs marked with a "*" and highlighted in red, are official DLC.

They aren't customs and therefore must be purchased.  I'm not sure why they have them link to RiffRepeater, other than that it's a partner site.

That Rush song in particular is a Rocksmith 1 song, so if you're playing Rocksmith 2014 through Steam you will also have to purchase Rocksmith 1 in order to be able to purchase and use it (this is a bug with Steam).

Yeah, it's a pain. It's caused by a Steam policy that prevents users from purchasing DLC for games they don't own.

However, apparently some of the original RS dlc songs have been updated or "fixed" so you can buy them without owning RS1. I'm not sure if that Rush song is one of them, so its at least worth it to try purchasing it if you really want it.

personally, i think it would be better to link it to the steam store, but .. i can understand why we dont.  since we officially support all platforms, it would seem that were picking on psn if we link to their competitor :P

personally, i think it would be better to link it to the steam store, but .. i can understand why we dont.  since we officially support all platforms, it would seem that were picking on psn if we link to their competitor :P

RiffRepeater already sort of does that.  They show links for XBL and Steam, but not for PSN.

Also, for what it's worth, when I said I didn't know why the official songs in the search results link to RiffRepeater I didn't mean it as a criticism.  I just meant that, other than it being a partner site, I'm not sure if there's any other motivation or connection.

Although some of the pages that are linked to older DLC don't always make sense (or are no longer relevant), I don't mind the information presented for newer DLC on RiffRepeater.  The linked pages have playthrough videos which are nice for figuring out whether the DLC is challenging or fun.