How hard is it to convert between platforms?

raveyman

Question

Hi all,

My missus is suggesting that instead of upgrading to a new PC, I should just get an XboxOne or PS4 given how I mostly play games, and in particular, use RS2014. Part of my hesitation to do so is because I note that most CDLCs are for PC. I have only lightly delved into the CDLC process but have yet to finish creating a CDLC so am still not clear on all sections of the process.

My question: how hard (or even is it possible) to take a CDLC for the PC, open it in EOF and re-export to XBoxOne or PS4? Or do I assume creators do not always do it because it is a pain in the proverbial?

Any advice from you EOF geniuses would be appreciated.

Cheers

David

5 answers to this question

It's not possible at all.  You would have to mod/jailbreak your console, which isn't an option for Xbox One or PS4.

It is an option for Xbox 360/PS3, but Rocksmith 2014 plays better, in my opinion, on a PC or Mac.  You don't need EoF to convert from PC to 360/PS3/Mac either, you just need the Custom Song Toolkit (which is available on the forum).

I agree with Wepeel.  It is easy to convert songs from PC to Mac.  Not possible with XBox One or PS4 without Jailbreaking.  Here is what I do which you may find useful.  I use a Mac but a PC will work as well.  Get a larger flat screen... if you want mount screen on a wall, and use a wireless system.  I use Audio-Technica System 8 Wireless System that I picked up at Guitar Center for $79.  Much nicer setup for Rocksmith if that is what you are looking to improve.

• Like 1

Hi raveyman,

Sorry if this is off topic, but:

Before you get yourself a next gen console, I would suggest that you read this review about the Rocksmith 2014 issues with Ps4/Xbox one:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/13/rocksmith-2014-ps4xbox-one-review

TL;DR
>The fact that the audio latency can be minimised but not completely eradicated is a shame and makes the current-gen game the least appealing version over all

PC version of Rocksmith 2014:

- No jailbreaking required
- Best CDLC availability
- Faster (i am running on obsolete pc :-)
- When game starts to feel slow (when you add a lot of songs) it is easy to upgrade your hardware. I bought Rocksmith ps3 and pc versions; ps3 is playable, but feels so slow, and there is not much that you can do about it.

- Less lag issues   
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/719817-A-guide-to-achieving-low-latency-in-Rocksmith-on-PC-Forums

just my 2 cents

I only have PS3. Nearly every cdlc I have from this site I have downloaded the PC version then I have converted with the toolkit. most times I do a batch, choose 15-20 and hit convert. I have nearly 1100 in cdlc folder on the ps3 the only slowness issues I experience is at first start up, about 10 minutes to "enumerate" dlc content , after that no issues.

The only other issue I experience with console version is if I add a song twice, ei song_REV1.edat, then song_REV2.edat I will get lock ups so I have to make sure to remove old versions.

I realize my ps3 wont last forever so I will be looking at a mini gaming PC to connect direct to the TV unless ps4 is jailbroken by then.