My first custom (Franz Ferdinand's song) - help

danielowa

Question

I decided to make my own custom. I watched tutorials and read some posts about how to make it. I've started to work on Franz Ferdinand's song "Do you want to", since there are only four songs of this band.

For now on, I've encountered two problems, namely:

1. I cannot sync tabs properly.

2. Even tough i assigned the tone, it doesn't show up in Rocksmith.

So, I'm looking forward for any help. :)

'In a song and dance man expresses himself as a member of a higher community: he has forgotten how to walk and speak and is on the way flying up into air, dancing.'

My customs || My workshop

5 answers to this question

Which tutorials did you watch? Also, it might help us if you could elaborate a bit on your two bullet points :)

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Which tutorials did you watch? Also, it might help us if you could elaborate a bit on your two bullet points :)

I watched this one:

http://customsforge.com/topic/841-how-to-make-cdlc-full-in-depth-tut-completed/

So, i will start with my first problem. I've started to work on the rhythm part. The thing is that when i import the tab into the eof and sync the intro, the first notes seems right but after it somehow slows down (it's hard for me to explain this). I took the bmp from the tab so i don't know where's the problem.

The second problem concerns the tone. I assigned the tone in the custom toolkit (i chose the tone from "Take me out"), after that i wanted to check how this custom works on Rocksmith, so i generated the custom and opened Rocksmith. When i played this song the tone was clean without any effects.

for sync i recommend goplayalong its 20 bucks but if you plan on making lots of customs it will help as for the tone it would help if you give more infomation on what  you  mean.

I've heard about goplayalong, but unfortunately i cannot  afford to buy this, since I'm a student and i didn't found any work for my summer holidays :blush:

'In a song and dance man expresses himself as a member of a higher community: he has forgotten how to walk and speak and is on the way flying up into air, dancing.'

• Administrator

I think you should check the other tutorials available.

For your tone problem more detail on what you did and what happen would help us.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Okay, I solved the problem of the tone. I just had forgotten to tick "disable tone slot changes to prevent auto-tone fail" in the tone selector. :lol: