Changing b standard tuning from a 7 string to a 6 string

newmans1985

Question

http://i.imgur.com/TQwRR8E.png?1

I was wondering if anybody new how to change a tab that is tabbed for B standard on a 7 string to B standard on a 6 string?  The picture shows the song I want to work on and I don't won't to lose the notes on the B string but I don't want to lose the 3 notes that are on the high E string also.  There's only 3 notes that use the high E string in the whole song.  Anybody help is appreciated.

7 answers to this question

• Administrator

Shift down the 3 note that are on the High E to the B string. (looking at the actual tab, you might also want to shift the other note that are on the G string the same way).

On a 6 strings you will not be in B standard because you'll be tune to BEADGB instead of BEADF#B. There's no actual name for the 6 strings strict equivalent of 7 strings B standard.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Shift down the 3 note that are on the High E to the B string. (looking at the actual tab, you might also want to shift the other note that are on the G string the same way).

On a 6 strings you will not be in B standard because you'll be tune to BEADGB instead of BEADF#B. There's no actual name for the 6 strings strict equivalent of 7 strings B standard.

Thanks.  I actually changed the high E to a b and transposed the notes and then I moved those notes to the 6th string and it worked out fine.  Here's what it turned into what I tried to do.  Hopefully it's good because I really want to do this song without any notes missing.

http://i.imgur.com/8PDCKz3.png

I wish I would have tried that before asking for help.  So I guess I can leave it in BEADGBE without ruining the song.

• Administrator

I don't remember the interface of GP6 too well to be sure but I think there's an option to shift down or up note that keep the same pitch (at least this option exist in GP5 for sure).

I keep my suggestion to also shift down the other note in those 3 measures cause doing 12 - 20 isn't pretty when you can play it this way 17 (G string) 20 (B string) for exemple.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I don't remember the interface of GP6 too well to be sure but I think there's an option to shift down or up note that keep the same pitch (at least this option exist in GP5 for sure).

I keep my suggestion to also shift down the other note in those 3 measures cause doing 12 - 20 isn't pretty when you can play it this way 17 (G string) 20 (B string) for exemple.

I'm not going to lie I feel like I am not following what your saying because when it comes to this sort of thing I am not real smart to figuring out how to fully use Guitar Pro.  I mainly know how to use it for checking tabs but changing them I am completely dumb founded.

Thanks but I don't feel to sure about the change from B standard to C standard.  It kind of looks like it messed up the hammer on part a little bit.