Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

Our end of the month goal is up. $350 Remain click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 12 (Oct) | Interview with Dardo (Newsletter Writer)

Photo

Improved chordshapes.xml

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Offline   iminashi

iminashi

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
I have been working on a new chordshapes.xml file that includes all the shapes from the old one (with a couple of fingerings changed), with many new common and not-too-obscure chords added.

I've divided it into sections and added comments so if you want to find a specific chordshape, it should be a bit easier now.

Testing would be appreciated. Let me know if you find a chord that gets a wrong/weird fingering or a common chord that doesn't get a fingering automatically.

(Updated 2017-07-18, contains 153 chordshapes)

Download the file (the download button is in the top right corner) and move it to the EOF folder, overwriting the old one.

A few observations for raynebc:

A chord using the thumb (0) doesn't get applied correctly.

When asked to automatically apply fingerings, they are not applied to frethand-muted chords, though I think they probably should be. At least it would save me some time.  :)

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Pending peer review, I wouldn't have any problems including a beefed up chord shape definition file with EOF.

I fixed the bug you mentioned about fingering definitions using the thumb.  This problem also extended to RS import.

About applying fingerings to fret hand muted chords, I'll have to decide what the best way to go would be.  I assume several authors don't care about the fingerings for these and if EOF began asking them to fill out fingering for those they could get annoyed.  I might have to make that a user preference, or not have EOF nag about them but allow them to be defined automatically by chord shape definitions.

Offline   iminashi

iminashi

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Uploaded a new version that has 8 more shapes.

Offline   iminashi

iminashi

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Updated to fix an error.

Offline   Rockfirstlast

Rockfirstlast

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

What do you think about this?

(Hopefully formatting doesn't make this tab unreadable)

----0----0---------------

----0----0----0----0----

----0----0----0----0----

----0----0----0----0----

----0----0----0----------

----0---------------------

These four chords show up a lot in customs.  It makes for an easier sight read if they aren't labeled with a name.  Official content leaves them blank quite often (if you need an example check out the Free Bird rhythm arrangement).  Usually they are used as "in between" strums when moving your hand up the fretboard.

Offline   iminashi

iminashi

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Uploaded a new version with 6 more shapes.

Offline   iminashi

iminashi

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

And another update with 6 more shapes, including a pretty common power chord shape that I had somehow missed.

Offline   iminashi

iminashi

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Updated with 16 more shapes.