New Pink Floyd Album to be released in October

joemac63z

Seems like they have made up but I dont think they will get back together.  Waters is also making a new album.  I would go anywhere to see them together again.  I dont think Gilmore wants to tour anyways.

I remember when Momentary Lapse of Reason was announced.  I thought they were getting back together and then found out it was only Gilmore, Wright and Mason.  I got tickets to see them in Montreal, Canada. Our seats were blocked by speakers so the usher moved us up to about the 15th row on the floor. They played Echoes as the opening song and then the person I was sitting next to told me to stay when the lights come on at the end of the show because Floyd will come back out after everyone has left.  I stayed and Floyd came back out and played the full version of shine on you crazy diamond.  We were right up at the front of the stage because everyone had left.  

I'll never forget that concert.

i m a big fan the PInk floyd. i go buy the new album when is came . i never forget the best show what i see them 26 juin 1975 a l autostade de montréal de wish you were here tour .PINK FLOYD  play raving and drooling -you got to be crazy - shine on -have cigar-dark side of the moon and ehoes . 2 song of animals and wish you were here before release album 

Division Bell was good. Momentary Lapse of Reason was an excellent album. I thought that Waters and Gilmour overcame their rift?

Well Roger Waters is supposed to be a major pain in the arse to work with apparently so it's no surprise they're not getting together again lol

I actually prefer all of Roger Waters' solo albums to anything Pink Floyd have done since he left, the only thing missing from them is Dave Gilmore's stellar guitar work lol  :P

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/pink-floyd-to-release-first-new-album-in-20-years-this-fall-20140706

On Monday, Columbia Records confirmed the album's October release date and noted that "it is an album of mainly ambient and instrumental music based on the 1993/4 Division Bell sessions which feature David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright." The release added that the album will be produced by Gilmour alongside Phil Manzanera, Youth and recording engineer Andy Jackson."

• 1 month later...