CDLC not working after tuner

AlexOmega

Question

I'm running into an issue where every time I run a CDLC song, after tuning it just sits me between the amps. I'm able to play my guitar but there is no song pulling up on screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled RS2014 then launched, downloaded the CDLC fix then launched, then I added my CDLC and it just won't run correctly. Any solutions?

Windows 11 - Ryzen 5 7600x - B650 GIGABYTE MB - NVIDIA 3060TI

6 answers to this question

Does the game work as it is supposed to before adding cdlc and / or the cdlc fix?

Has the game worked in the past? Has cdlc worked in the past? What changed since then? (Your account says that you have been a member since Oct 2023.)

Usually what you described happening, "it just sits me between the amps" is indicative of no (cdlc).dll installed or the wrong .dll. Go to the Rocksmith 2014 folder, see if the D3DX9_42.dll is in that folder (same folder as Rocksmith2014.exe typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014) and what size the .dll is if it is in that folder.

On 2/23/2024 at 7:53 PM, Sniper Reload3d said:

Does the game work as it is supposed to before adding cdlc and / or the cdlc fix?

Has the game worked in the past? Has cdlc worked in the past? What changed since then? (Your account says that you have been a member since Oct 2023.)

Usually what you described happening, "it just sits me between the amps" is indicative of no (cdlc).dll installed or the wrong .dll. Go to the Rocksmith 2014 folder, see if the D3DX9_42.dll is in that folder (save folder as Rocksmith2014.exe typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014) and what size the .dll is if it is in that folder.

Im having the same issue. The base game worked fine but after reinstalling. game freezes after tuner. The size of the D3X9_42.dll for me is 117KB.

5 hours ago, Pregame said:

D3X9_42.dll for me is 117KB

This is the correct size for the current dll.

Obvious question, is it in the correct location, where the Rocksmith.exe is located?

Did the game work prior to adding the cdlc / dll? Are you using the rocksmith cable, or are you using an audio interface? Are you using any mods? Are you using any bluetooth devices, i.e. bluetooth headphones? Are you using any other usb devices that would be taking exclusivity away from the cable, i.e. usb headphones?

I would start with removing the dll, see if the game runs any other non cdlc song and no mods first, if it does not run a repair on the game. If that does not work, uninstall, reinstall Rocksmith. Again, try it without any mods, nor cdlc first to see if the game is working first.

On 2/23/2024 at 10:02 PM, AlexOmega said:

I'm running into an issue where every time I run a CDLC song, after tuning it just sits me between the amps. I'm able to play my guitar but there is no song pulling up on screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled RS2014 then launched, downloaded the CDLC fix then launched, then I added my CDLC and it just won't run correctly. Any solutions?

Windows 11 - Ryzen 5 7600x - B650 GIGABYTE MB - NVIDIA 3060TI

Im having the same problem, you find the solution?

If the game works fine until you try to play a CDLC song, that means the CDLC D3DX9_42.dll is not working properly.

This can be caused by:

1. Not having the D3DX9_42.dll in your Rocksmith folder (the one where the Rocksmith.exe is)
  2. The D3DX9_42.dll is not the latest version (Should be 117KB)
  3. Rocksmith is not the latest version and not on a beta or "JustInCaseWeNeedIt"

I'll own you one day. 💜

Custom Shop Solo II.png