Question from new steamdeck user

BocChoy314

Question

I have been playing rocksmith on console for years. Recently I got a new steamdeck and customs forge appealed to me greatly. I do not own this game on steam and just found out about its delistment. My question is, Am I totally out of luck here. I am willing to buy the disc version and go through the trouble of getting it to work if I know for a fact that I would be able to. I don't want to drop 80 to 100 bucks if I'm too late to the party and won't be able to get this working anyway. Does anyone have info for me here?

1 answer to this question

12 minutes ago, BocChoy314 said:

I have been playing rocksmith on console for years. Recently I got a new steamdeck and customs forge appealed to me greatly. I do not own this game on steam and just found out about its delistment. My question is, Am I totally out of luck here. I am willing to buy the disc version and go through the trouble of getting it to work if I know for a fact that I would be able to. I don't want to drop 80 to 100 bucks if I'm too late to the party and won't be able to get this working anyway. Does anyone have info for me here?

Steam Deck Compatibility (when clicked on Store page "Unsupported": "Valve's testing indicates that Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Remastered is Unsupported on Steam Deck. Some or all of this game currently doesn't function on Steam Deck" (with note; "Valve is still working on adding support for this game on Steam Deck")

As the game is no longer available for digital download, I would not hold your breath on the "still working on adding support" and chalk it up to a "no".