Bad time to try rocksmith? no PC version, try game version instead? what going on???

aquavelva23

Question

Wow, I guess I should have bought this a few months ago. Now its all over? I am not too smart, so any replies, please write simply. I dont know much on this program, but I want it!! On my laptop, hopefully! I dont want the subscription service.  Here is what I think I know:

Used to be able to buy the PC version, load t use it and later...and come here and get lots of songs and have fun. Now they want to force people to subscribe.

Then I thought: buy used CD! But these activation key stuff gets me concerned.

Then I thought: Buy a xbox or PS  version, get a  used disc, cheap old xbox, dedicaated. I have never played these machines., avoided video gaming   But then I cant use this site. I have to crack the game?

Wow. What is one to do?

8 answers to this question

40 minutes ago, aquavelva23 said:

buy used CD! But these activation key stuff gets me concerned.

As it should. If the key has already been used, then the dvd/ cd is worthless.

41 minutes ago, aquavelva23 said:

Now its all over?

Depends what you mean by all over. The DLC that has lost its license/been removed from the Steam Store, well yeah, that is over.

42 minutes ago, aquavelva23 said:

crack the game?

Cracks/hacks are forbidden to discuss on this forum.

42 minutes ago, aquavelva23 said:

but I want it!! On my laptop, hopefully! I dont want the subscription service.

Then while you are still able to, purchase a new, unused dvd/cd before they are gone.

OK, purchase a new, unused dvd/cd before they are gone.   any suggestions?

7 hours ago, aquavelva23 said:

buy used CD! But these activation key stuff gets me concerned.

As it should. If the key has already been used, then the dvd/ cd is worthless.

Now its all over?

Depends what you mean by all over. The DLC that has lost its license/been removed from the Steam Store, well yeah, that is over.

crack the game?

Cracks/hacks are forbidden to discuss on this forum.

but I want it!! On my laptop, hopefully! I dont want the subscription service.

Then while you are still able to, purchase a new, unused dvd/cd before they are gone.

6 hours ago, aquavelva23 said:

OK, purchase a new, unused dvd/cd before they are gone.   any suggestions?

Buy from a trusted site, a site where you can get reimbursed if something goes wrong.

I just put into google "rocksmith 2014" and then hit the shopping button, Amazon is still showing copies for $52.60 US.

There are other things showing for cheaper listed as new, and others for more expensive. Another seller on Amazon is charging nearly $90.

I can not and will not recommend a specific seller or avenue of purchase, use YOUR best judgement.

Yes, the activation key is for steam, will be linked permanently to your account. That is why you need a new key, and a used cd / dvd that someone has already redeemed that key will not work.

Once activated as long as Ubi permits the game in Steam (does not pull the game) it will be available for download even though the game has already been removed from sale.

29 minutes ago, aquavelva23 said:

YOU ROCK!!! Last question(?) If this version doesnt come with cable...what is the BEST one to buy? Rocksmith Real Tone Cable???

Most of the physical copies come with the Real Tone Cable. If it does not, Yes, I recommend purchasing the Real Tone Cable. They were running about $25 (Amazon, eBay, most retail sellers). They are not in as great demand as a Key.

There are other usb cables, but they require using an interface, and for someone not technically minded, will be overly complicated. The Real Tone Cable is much simpler.