Why are rocksmith 1 compatibility dlc songs not working?

underd0g

Question

The songs from rocksmith 1 are working but the dlc from rocksmith 1 are not working.  Does anyone know how to fix it?  I ran customsforge program and they are listed as enabled.  I tried re-enabling them and it didn't work.  My own legal copy of the files rsc1compatibilitydlc_p.psarc and rs1compatibilitydisc_m (and p).psarc are both present.  I tried someone else's copy of rs1compatibilitydlc_p.psarc and that didn't work either.

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, underd0g said:

I tried someone else's copy of rs1compatibilitydlc_p.psarc and that didn't work either.

Only your copy will work with your Steam / copy of Rocksmith 2014. Using someone else's copy can not work, it is account specific due to the licenses. You are not the first to have issue with DLC not appearing right away.

Are you using Windows 11?

1 hour ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

Only your copy will work with your Steam / copy of Rocksmith 2014. Using someone else's copy can not work, it is account specific due to the licenses. You are not the first to have issue with DLC not appearing right away.

Are you using Windows 11?

Yes I'm using windows 11

On 10/21/2023 at 9:35 PM, Sniper Reload3d said:

In another thread, I listed a bunch of other things to try, however try changing the compatibility mode first

Every DLC is working except the Rocksmith 1 DLC.  The regular Rocksmith 1 songs are working too.  I wonder if it's because I never purchased any DLC for rocksmith 1.

1 hour ago, underd0g said:

Every DLC is working except the Rocksmith 1 DLC.  The regular Rocksmith 1 songs are working too.  I wonder if it's because I never purchased any DLC for rocksmith 1.

You have a contradictory statement here. If you did not purchase any of the oDLC from Rocksmith 1, then naturally none of those Rocksmith 1 DLC will be there. Now if you mean that you did buy Rocksmith 1, which I assume you did as you have the base Rocksmith 1 songs, and purchase any of the Rocksmith song oDLC, you can check which oDLC is installed through the Steam Client Library. Again, if you did not purchase any of the 143 songs from Body Snatchers to Call Me, then they will not be there.