Extract individual psarc from rs1compatibilitydlc_p

jaimealm

Hi.

I'm trying to change some songs in rs1compatibilitydlc so it sounds like a backing track. With cdlc is easy, i just change the song in the psarc with the one i make without guitar sound. I could do this with the other compatibility files, but when i unpack this file, the structure is different, i cannot find the songs(wem file) to change it. Anyone know how can i do this?

Sorry for my english.

Thank you in advance.

This is a difficult question to answer as answering it crosses a taboo in the site rules.

First, the songs from Rs1 are not psarc files (originally). The conversion tool lumps all the Rs1 songs into a single psarc, into the rscompatiblilty file you named. They are originally .dat files, while appear similar, they are not the same format. You are fighting an up hill and losing battle trying to do what you are doing the way you are doing it.

Thanks for the answer.

If i understand correctly, original files are dat files(found those files in an old computer with rocksmith1). Is it possible to modify a dat file, by changing the music file with the one i used as backing track and repack it as a psarc file?

Why did you say "It crosses a taboo"? Am i doing something wrong with the rules of the site? 

2 hours ago, jaimealm said:

If i understand correctly, original files are dat files(found those files in an old computer with rocksmith1).

You do understand that part correctly. Yes.

Is it possible to modify a dat file, by changing the music file with the one i used as backing track and repack it as a psarc file?

Yes. And No. the old RsToolKit used to be able to do this. Back before my time here, custom songs were done for Rs1. The toolkit provided a way to change old Rs1 customs to Rs2014 customs. There is another thread on here asking the same thing for different purposes. If I remember correctly it was to tab out the song.

"It crosses a taboo"? Am i doing something wrong with the rules of the site?

Not yet.

Discussing how to repack as a psarc file specifically to redistribute does, A line I am not willing to cross.

Ok, now i know what's the line not to be cross. It's not the case, i'm working with my files to play with backing, i'm not going to distribute them, don't worry about that, and thanks for the clarification.

I'll try to convert the modified dat to psarc with the backing track. Thanks again for everything.