Disappearing effects?

MetalGoat

Question

So since the start this issue has been plaguing me in many songs. Also this is a problem with both stock in game songs, bought dlcs, and also cdlcs. So for songs with effects in them such as welcome to the jungle or man in the box... while in the submenu of said song, if you play notes the effects work as they should. However once I hit play those effects are gone, and instead all that is heard is a clean tone. So basically in menus everything works, but while the song is being played along side... no effects! Also, not all song have this issue, and sometimes the songs with said issue sometimes work perfectly. This has been years now with this problem, and has forced me to quit a few times. Any fixes or others with this issue? Think I may have to quit yet again. 

2 answers to this question

11 hours ago, MetalGoat said:

So since the start this issue has been plaguing me in many songs. Also this is a problem with both stock in game songs, bought dlcs, and also cdlcs. So for songs with effects in them such as welcome to the jungle or man in the box... while in the submenu of said song, if you play notes the effects work as they should. However once I hit play those effects are gone, and instead all that is heard is a clean tone. So basically in menus everything works, but while the song is being played along side... no effects! Also, not all song have this issue, and sometimes the songs with said issue sometimes work perfectly. This has been years now with this problem, and has forced me to quit a few times. Any fixes or others with this issue? Think I may have to quit yet again. 

Usually dead tones are caused by custom songs not having a tone assigned but if it's happening on officials too it's usually a performance issue.
https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/24442-losing-real-tones-during-play-on-pc/&do=findComment&comment=220163

Maybe try increasing the "LatencyBuffer" in "Rocksmith.ini" to lower the hardware requirements of processing audio and close any background processes.
There's also a "Fix Broken Tones" option in rsmods which can't hurt to try, but it was mostly tested against the other kind of dead tones caused by customs that lack tones.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

4 hours ago, coldrampage said:

Usually dead tones are caused by custom songs not having a tone assigned but if it's happening on officials too it's usually a performance issue.
https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/24442-losing-real-tones-during-play-on-pc/&do=findComment&comment=220163

Maybe try increasing the "LatencyBuffer" in "Rocksmith.ini" to lower the hardware requirements of processing audio and close any background processes.
There's also a "Fix Broken Tones" option in rsmods which can't hurt to try, but it was mostly tested against the other kind of dead tones caused by customs that lack tones.

Yup, I've tried all that, and lowered everything to the lowest settings.... same problem. Also I have a pc with more than enough to run almost all games at max everything so running this should not be an issue at all.