How do I get it to work?

So, I do not understand how this thing works, I recently got OGRS and the import tool and was excited to play some old songs, but I couldn't get it to work so I tried using the CFSM. I have 2 versions of RS2014 installed, one through steam that is vanilla, and one that is just the game seperated from steam. The reason I have 2 versions is because the patch when they released RS+ broke my game so I used a backup, but I still wanted to have the original installed. So I download CFSM and give it the non-steam directory and try to get the old songs to work. It was jank and weird but it eventually said that it was working so I launched the game. It didn't work. I then tried to launch the game through the CFSM and it launched the game through steam, so there were no CDLC songs. I wouldn't have minded if it made the old songs work but they didn't. How do I use it?

5 hours ago, STRG_Ed said:

So, I do not understand how this thing works, I recently got OGRS and the import tool and was excited to play some old songs, but I couldn't get it to work so I tried using the CFSM. I have 2 versions of RS2014 installed, one through steam that is vanilla, and one that is just the game seperated from steam. The reason I have 2 versions is because the patch when they released RS+ broke my game so I used a backup, but I still wanted to have the original installed. So I download CFSM and give it the non-steam directory and try to get the old songs to work. It was jank and weird but it eventually said that it was working so I launched the game. It didn't work. I then tried to launch the game through the CFSM and it launched the game through steam, so there were no CDLC songs. I wouldn't have minded if it made the old songs work but they didn't.

CFSM doesn't make the songs "work" or show up in-game, it's mostly used to add dynamic difficulty to old songs to prevent bugs that happen in rocksmith remastered.

5 hours ago, STRG_Ed said:

How do I use it?

Here's a guide on cfsm usage.
https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/51771-customsforge-song-manager-official-guide-2019

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy