How do I check why some CDLC files always crash the game? How do I debug this issue?

lokariototal

Question

9 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, lokariototal said:

I have a some CDLC that is ALWAYS crashing my game and I have no idea why. How can I debug this?

If a song has more than 5 arrangements it will crash rocksmith remastered, pre-remastered this wasn't an issue so some old songs won't work properly anymore.
Since they're all fairly similar they could also share the same dlc key/arrangement ID which could also cause a crash if you have them all active at once.
Sometimes it's just a dodgy build with an old version of the toolkit that needs repacking to fix it.

CFSM can check for duplicate keys and corrupt dlc and also has options to remove extra arrangements but it can break songs made with dlc builder, so it's safer to check with cfsm and then rebuild them yourself with dlc builder if needed.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

1 hour ago, coldrampage said:

If a song has more than 5 arrangements it will crash rocksmith remastered, pre-remastered this wasn't an issue so some old songs won't work properly anymore.
Since they're all fairly similar they could also share the same dlc key/arrangement ID which could also cause a crash if you have them all active at once.
Sometimes it's just a dodgy build with an old version of the toolkit that needs repacking to fix it.

CFSM can check for duplicate keys and corrupt dlc and also has options to remove extra arrangements but it can break songs made with dlc builder, so it's safer to check with cfsm and then rebuild them yourself with dlc builder if needed.

Is there an alternative to fix this issue, like naming the songs differently or something like this?

2 minutes ago, lokariototal said:

Is there an alternative to fix this issue, like naming the songs differently or something like this?

The file name/song info has almost no bearing on what the game reads, it just checks the file extension/keys.
You can have multiple songs with the same names in-game that work fine as long as the keys are different.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

4 minutes ago, coldrampage said:

The file name/song info has almost no bearing on what the game reads, it just checks the file extension/keys.
You can have multiple songs with the same names in-game that work fine as long as the keys are different.

So literally my only options is what you said then

Just now, lokariototal said:

So literally my only options is what you said then

You could remove all of the exercises that crash except for one from your dlc folder. Assuming it is a duplicate issue then it should work if you only have one of them.

But it would be easier to check for dupes with cfsm, then you can see which ones are affected.

23 hours ago, coldrampage said:

You could remove all of the exercises that crash except for one from your dlc folder. Assuming it is a duplicate issue then it should work if you only have one of them.

But it would be easier to check for dupes with cfsm, then you can see which ones are affected.

Just to clarify, so it's possible to have songs like:

A Major Scale Exercise 100bpm

A Major Scale Exercise 110bpm

A Major Scale Exercise 200bpm

Without any problems or would that cause the game to crash

29 minutes ago, lokariototal said:

Just to clarify, so it's possible to have songs like:

A Major Scale Exercise 100bpm

A Major Scale Exercise 110bpm

A Major Scale Exercise 200bpm

Without any problems or would that cause the game to crash

It depends on how the creator named the dlc keys, you can't really tell just by looking at the filenames. You'll have to see have to be through trial and error unless you check with cfsm or something.

1 minute ago, coldrampage said:

It depends on how the creator named the dlc keys, you can't really tell just by looking at the filenames. You'll have to see have to be through trial and error unless you check with cfsm or something.

ok so if two songs have tthe same dlc keys, I have to remake one of them?

2 minutes ago, lokariototal said:

ok so if two songs have tthe same dlc keys, I have to remake one of them?

You can rebuild the song with a different dlc key in dlc builder (and then update the arrangement ID to be safe).
Just add the whole title to the dlc key it since the auto generated one truncates it so similarly named songs can easily share a key.

This'll only fix it if it is a duplicate issue though, there could be other causes but this is the most common.