How do I make my tone change at different moment of the song ?

Bliss20

Heyyyyyyyyy,

I am really trying to figure out how to do tone change at different moment at the song. For example I am charting ''Gorguts - Waste Of Morality'' and also ''Bloood Incantation - The Giza Power Plant" and both song have some Clean guitars parts and distorted guitar part. I have read that it has some to do with EOF. I did not find any tutorial about that. 

Also, what is the best or the fastest way to get feed back when creating your own guitar tones in DLC builder ?

Thx 🙂

There are a few tutorials around, and after looking through a couple I did not find a tutorial example quickly that had described how to do the tone changes myself. There are members from here that have posted how to videos on youtube as well that you can do a search for and watch a couple how tos.

in EOF, the track tab, > Rocksmith > Tone Change > add (ctrl+shift+T) you will have to add at the spots where the tone changes on the chart and name that Tone (change). When you assign the tones in Tool kit or DLC Builder, you match the proper tone (i.e. clean / distortion) to the tone changes you named in EOF.

as far as feedback for creating own guitar tones i do not have a legit answer. I could say, make an extremely horrible one, and you will get immediate feed back from users.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bliss20 said:

Also, what is the best or the fastest way to get feed back when creating your own guitar tones in DLC builder ?

If no one complains assume it's fine, they'll let you know if it's bad, there isn't too much feedback going on round here unfortunately.

But don't try to make tones directly in dlc builder through the gui, do it through rocksmith in tone designer and import the result from your save file or copy over the settings if you're making small value adjustments. There's also a library of odlc tones built into dlc builder so you can get some pretty good result by finding something similar sounding and modifying that.

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

14 minutes ago, Bliss20 said:

I don't understand the part in DLC builder.

Can i get the link to a tutorial about how to do tone change in a song ?

firekorns guide is usually the goto, but it looks like some of the tone part still uses rstoolkit.

If you've already added the tone changes correctly in eof (using ctrl+ shift+ T to place them at the playback cursor) they should show up in the "tone key" list under the selected arrangement in dlc builder (and/or the list in eof)

You click the plus next to where it says tones in dlc builder and can pick where you want to get your tones from. Use "from collection" to pick from a list of odlc tones or "from file" to pick from other custom songs or tone.xml files.

Once you've added a tone you need to change the tone key name to match the ones you defined earlier in eof, setting it to match which effect you want it to use.

Then you repeat until the arrangement name isn't red anymore which means all tones have been assigned.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

26 minutes ago, Bliss20 said:

I don't think I made my tone change in EOF correctly because I don't see Tone keys (Under base tone key) that I have added in EOF

While adding tones it's good to set the display in preferences (or cycle through them with shift + F11) to show them at the top so you can make sure they're in the right place and have actually been added.

this
or something. They get added at the green playback bar, which can be moved with "crtl + shift page up/down"

You also have to save in eof after adding them, which will give you a message telling you to define a default tone (if is wasn't set manually). You'll have to save again after picking a default.

If you added the tones after already having the arrangements in dlc builder you'll also have to right click on it and press "reload tone keys" for the tones to show up.

11 hours ago, Bliss20 said:

It is working now !!.

My mistake is that I did not chose what was my defult tone in EOF.

Also, I cant figure out where is my file to link to DLC builder so I can import my tones.

Your save file is located at 

<Steam-folder>\userdata\<user-id>\221680\remote\

Steam-folder is where you have the steam client installed and user-id is your steam user ID.

So something like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\(your steam id here)\221680\remote" if you're using the default steam install.

You'll need to pick a _PRFLDB file from there in dlc builder. If you've got more than one profile there'll be quite a few here so check the date modified in file explorer and choose the most recent one.

Then you can click the import tones from profile button to add tones that you've saved in tone designer.

I didn't found it.

Tho when I installed steam on a different folder than default steam installation an HDD (D:). 

So when I open the ''Userdata'' folder , three other folder named with a various numbers appears, but none of them is named by my steam id number.

Each fold contains other folders named with a various numbers that doesn't match with my steam Id.

7 minutes ago, Bliss20 said:

Tho when I installed steam on a different folder than default steam installation an HDD (D:). 

So when I open the ''Userdata'' folder , three other folder named with a various numbers appears, but none of them is named by my steam id number.

You'll have to check in each one of them for a "221680" folder then. The user id used for rocksmith seems to be a bit weird.