Rocksmith will not open at all

mikekirch

Question

the shortcut on my desktop will not open Rocksmith. I get a warning that it was not able to sync and i'm given the choice to cancel or continue. When i select continue nothing happens. When I go to Steam and click on play the game will not open either. can anhyone help me please?

8 answers to this question

52 minutes ago, mikekirch said:

the shortcut on my desktop will not open Rocksmith. I get a warning that it was not able to sync and i'm given the choice to cancel or continue. When i select continue nothing happens. When I go to Steam and click on play the game will not open either. can anhyone help me please?

When was the last time that you played Rocksmith before this attempt

1 minute ago, mikekirch said:

last week 7 days ago at the least.

I was asking so to know if you had replaced the .dll since the update in September.

Mine was doing this when the update would not work with the old .dll.

Have you played on a different computer or a console with the same log in since last week, or was last week on a different device then what you are trying to log into now?

8 minutes ago, mikekirch said:

no , i had to change my password for MTG, that is through Steam but I can open Baulder's Gate with the short cut on my desktop. It feels Rocksmith specific.

I don't see that having an effect on your Ubi log in.

have you tried verifying files for Rocksmith, or using the cloud sync from the library?

2 hours ago, mikekirch said:

would you be able to send me that link or steps to do all of that?

Before verifying the game files, remove the D3Dx942.dll file to a different location for the time being. Maybe it is corrupted or for whatever reason the wrong version replaced it.

To verify the game files:

1. From the Steam Launcher, right-click on the game from the Library and select Properties from the menu.
  2. Select the Local files tab and click Verify integrity of game files...
  3. Steam will verify the game's files. This process may take several minutes.
  4. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

See if the game works with out CDLC or the .dll.

The cloud sync will be on the Rocksmith 2014 page in the library, next to the play button. if it is not up to date that button will be able to be clicked.

If you are using the Beta 'incaseweneedit" version, you will need the older .dll.

if you reinstall and use the current updated version of Rocksmith, you will need the newer .dll to play the cdlc.