Old DLC collection as well as CDLC don't show-up in songs list

Extruder

Question

Ok. I saved my DLC folder & D3DX9_42.dll on my desktop.

Then, I erased all remaining Rocksmith 2014 Remastered (paid version) files from its folder.

Then, I used the command steam://open/console & forced Steam to download Rocksmith version 4556485830000690187.

Then, I've put Steam Offline to prevent an update, put the DLC folder/D3DX9.dll back into the main folder, opened Rocksmith, so it would create the ini file.

I fixed the ini file & fixed the RSAsio file to make it work with my interface.

Everything works/no crash, except that my old DLCs & Custom Forge CDLCs don't even show-up in the songs list. I get a generic song list of about 30 songs

that I never bought.

I've found a link to the RSMods script, pressed the button, the songs in the old DLC folder still don't show-up at all. Even tried an old copy

of the DLC folder that I had saved years ago on an external disk. Still doesn't work.

What am I missing? I must be close...Help?  🙂

7 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Extruder said:

Ok. I saved my DLC folder & D3DX9_42.dll on my desktop.

Then, I erased all remaining Rocksmith 2014 Remastered (paid version) files from its folder.

Then, I used the command steam://open/console & forced Steam to download Rocksmith version 4556485830000690187.

Then, I've put Steam Offline to prevent an update, put the DLC folder/D3DX9.dll back into the main folder, opened Rocksmith, so it would create the ini file.

I fixed the ini file & fixed the RSAsio file to make it work with my interface.

Everything works/no crash, except that my old DLCs & Custom Forge CDLCs don't even show-up in the songs list. I get a generic song list of about 30 songs

that I never bought.

I've found a link to the RSMods script, pressed the button, the songs in the old DLC folder still don't show-up at all. Even tried an old copy

of the DLC folder that I had saved years ago on an external disk. Still doesn't work.

What am I missing? I must be close...Help?  🙂

If songs aren't showing up and they're all in the correct dlc folder it could be because on the redownloaded version of rocksmith you don't have the cherub rock dlc installed.
Is it showing up in the song list, maybe just copying the dlc file in while steam is offline makes it think it's not enabled so it doesn't show up which prevents custom songs from showing up.

Also downloading the old version of rocksmith isn't needed anymore, all the tools have been updated to work on the new version.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Ouch! No. CherubRock isn't showing in the generic songs list. It is in the old DLC folder with all of the other songs that do not show up at all...

1) Alright. Do I have to buy a legitimate copy of CherubRock & allow Steam to auto-update Rocksmith?

2) ''all the tools have been updated to work on the new version. '' --- Please give me a link to all that goodness! 😛

13 minutes ago, Extruder said:

1) Alright. Do I have to buy a legitimate copy of CherubRock & allow Steam to auto-update Rocksmith?

For songs to show up they have to be in the dlc folder of the game you are running, relative to the exe you are using and you need to own the dlc that they use the APPID of, nearly every song on this site uses the appid of cherub rock so you'll need a legitimate copy of that and for it to show up for custom songs to work.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/248750/Rocksmith_2014__The_Smashing_Pumpkins___Cherub_Rock/

13 minutes ago, Extruder said:

2) ''all the tools have been updated to work on the new version. '' --- Please give me a link to all that goodness! 😛

https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CDLCEnabler
https://github.com/Lovrom8/RSMods
https://github.com/mdias/rs_asio

• Thanks 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Ok. so.

1) I've re-updated my licensed Rocksmith 2014 Remastered.

2) Turns-out, I had already bought a legit Smashing Pumpkins Cherub Rock (swear I paid for it. Steam says so in DLC section along with Amon Armath legit DLC) copy from Steam.

3) I deleted the old copy of that song in my DLC folder & re-dowloaded it. Downloaded Song Creator V.2.9.2.1 (latest version) &

use the ''unpack'' tool on all of the folder (1 shot unpack of everything in folder).

4) Used the new RSMods from the link you supplied up here in the links.

But I'm still getting the generic Songs list with zero CDLC nor old DLC. I'm going to try again tomorrow with a blank DLC folder

download & try putting a few songs at a time.

Thank you for now. I'll repost if I solve or if I'm still in the Rocksmith's Black Hole.

Hi, so since the last time. I have completely erased the DLC folder & I have let STEAM

re-install it by itself (with the verify integrity function). The new DLC folder only contains the DLC that I had bought (about 8

and yes, The Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock is one of them as a legitimately bought DLC.

But when I open the program, no matter what I do, Rocksmith Remastered doesn't show any songs that is in the DLC folder.

It loads 56 songs from nowhere, that I have never bought and that do not exist in the DLC folder at all. Worse, the new DLC

folder is in ''Read Only'' & it's impossible to put it in normal mode in Properties even if I have Admin privileges on my PC for

all files/folders.

Help, I'm going completely nuts! 🤪

On 11/6/2022 at 6:17 PM, Extruder said:

3) I deleted the old copy of that song in my DLC folder & re-dowloaded it. Downloaded Song Creator V.2.9.2.1 (latest version) &

use the ''unpack'' tool on all of the folder (1 shot unpack of everything in folder).

Unpacking songs serves no real purpose for using cdlc (other than letting you edit them) It'd prevent the game from loading them as it can only load the pacled p.psarc files not the unpacked song files/folders.

If you only moved the unpacked song folders over nothing would show up.

2 minutes ago, Extruder said:

But when I open the program, no matter what I do, Rocksmith Remastered doesn't show any songs that is in the DLC folder.

It loads 56 songs from nowhere, that I have never bought and that do not exist in the DLC folder at all. Worse, the new DLC

folder is in ''Read Only'' & it's impossible to put it in normal mode in Properties even if I have Admin privileges on my PC for

all files/folders.

Help, I'm going completely nuts! 🤪

Try installing it somewhere other than program files, program files(x86), then you won't need admin privilege's to move/modify files.
https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/4bd4-4528-6b2e-8327

2 hours ago, coldrampage said:

Unpacking songs serves no real purpose for using cdlc (other than letting you edit them) It'd prevent the game from loading them as it can only load the pacled p.psarc files not the unpacked song files/folders.

If you only moved the unpacked song folders over nothing would show up.

Try installing it somewhere other than program files, program files(x86), then you won't need admin privilege's to move/modify files.
https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/4bd4-4528-6b2e-8327

Final update:

I signed-in UPlay and it didn't work.

I forced Steam to re-download Cherub Rock again (5th time. loll)

I put a Children of Bodom CDLC into the dlc folder (for luck!)

Restarted Steam in Admin mode + Online. Then, the Songs
List updated by itself and everything worked magically without having to move everything to a different place on my PC.

MAGIC! I think that the problem was the UPlay. User need to sign-in at least once...

Thank you for your patience & your help, Coldrampage. May you be blessed with good fortune for the rest of your life! 🤩

• Like 1