rocksmith issues

woodwt

Question

I recently had to reformat my pc due to a driver issue that made my pc crash. 

I have now installed rocksmith again and now I can't play any cdlc apart from the official ones which rocksmith provides. I have still got the smashing pumpkins cherub rock cdlc and it still doesn’t play. 

Also is there a way where I can't get all of my old cdlc that I downloaded previously or do I have to download them again??? 

Thanks 

5 answers to this question

43 minutes ago, woodwt said:

I recently had to reformat my pc due to a driver issue that made my pc crash. 

I have now installed rocksmith again and now I can't play any cdlc apart from the official ones which rocksmith provides. I have still got the smashing pumpkins cherub rock cdlc and it still doesn’t play. 

Also is there a way where I can't get all of my old cdlc that I downloaded previously or do I have to download them again??? 

Thanks 

If you can't play cdlc you'll need to run this to stop them from freezing the game. Cherub rock is needed for them to show up in the first place.
https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CDLCEnabler

You can view a list of all your downloaded songs here but you'll have to download them one by one.
https://ignition4.customsforge.com/user/collectedcdlc

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Hello together. I have the same problem. I own the Cherub Rock DLC and I have downloaded the .dll file and put it into my game folder. When I start the RS2014 CDLC Enabler it tells me "We were unable to detect your Rocksmith 2014 folder, please select it manually". When I do this, it tells me "We cannot detect where you have Rocksmith located. Please try reinstalling your game on steam.".

2 hours ago, Kelaz said:

Hello together. I have the same problem. I own the Cherub Rock DLC and I have downloaded the .dll file and put it into my game folder. When I start the RS2014 CDLC Enabler it tells me "We were unable to detect your Rocksmith 2014 folder, please select it manually". When I do this, it tells me "We cannot detect where you have Rocksmith located. Please try reinstalling your game on steam.".

If you've put the new .dll file in yourself you shouldn't need to also use cdlc enabler, since it just installs it for you. If it isn't working make sure the .dll file is placed in the same folder as rocksmith2014.exe and that you have the latest file from here.
https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/901-how-to-use-custom-dlcs-in-rs2014-remastered/

You also need to select the Rocksmith2014 folder not the dlc folder for cdlc enabler to work to work.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

2 minutes ago, Kelaz said:

Thanks for your answer. I've put the new .dll file in the game main folder. For some reason there is no rocksmith2014.exe in it.  I don't know where I can find the .exe-file. The search function didn't find it on my computer. I use the steam version of the game.

There has to be an exe file somewhere overwise you wouldn't be able to run the game. Maybe you have a second, incomplete installation somewhere?

If you open rocksmith, in task manager you can use the "open file location" option on rocksmith2014.exe and it will open the location in file explorer and automatically select the exe file.
pHKCxpN.png
You can then select that folder path in cdlc enabler or put the dll file there.