Completely distorted/crackly sound in Rocksmith 2014, Windows 10 v1803

gwbuiter

Question

Hello everyone i'm new here at customsforge.  My name is Erwin ;)

Today i bought my first guitar, the Squier Bullet Strat.  Rocksmith seems to me the best way to learn playing the guitar. so i bought Rocksmith 2014 Remastered Edition including the real tone cable.

well, i run directly in some problems. i got completely distorted sounds in Rocksmith when playing the guitar. no clear sound at all. and it doesn't matter which pickup is selected.

i have tried several things, and followed other instructions to solve the problem, but with no luck.

ok. first of all.....this is my setup:

Asus Z170 pro gaming 

Realtek ALC1150 (latest drivers installed)

Intel Core i5-6500

8GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX960

Creative Gigaworks T20 Stereo speakerset.

Settings:

changed the Rocksmith.ini file, and set Win32ultralowlatencymode from 1 to 0. this change makes no difference at all.

Latencybuffer=4

Settings in WIndows:

set the audio output to 16bit, 48000Hz,

and i did it also for the Microphone Rocksmith USB Guitar adapter.

Volume for this device is 17. do i have to increase the volume..? or do i have to disable this?

and now the setting in Rocksmith.

Mixer volume set to 70

Audio engine settings=2

Audio exclusivity on.  

Input gain override 10.0db

switched the real tone cable to another usb port.... 

tone and volume on the guitar set to max.

do i miss something here?  i hope anyone can help me to solve the problem.

thanks.

8 answers to this question

Hello everyone i'm new here at customsforge.  My name is Erwin ;)

Today i bought my first guitar, the Squier Bullet Strat.  Rocksmith seems to me the best way to learn playing the guitar. so i bought Rocksmith 2014 Remastered Edition including the real tone cable.

well, i run directly in some problems. i got completely distorted sounds in Rocksmith when playing the guitar. no clear sound at all. and it doesn't matter which pickup is selected.

i have tried several things, and followed other instructions to solve the problem, but with no luck.

ok. first of all.....this is my setup:

Asus Z170 pro gaming 

Realtek ALC1150 (latest drivers installed)

Intel Core i5-6500

8GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX960

Creative Gigaworks T20 Stereo speakerset.

Settings:

changed the Rocksmith.ini file, and set Win32ultralowlatencymode from 1 to 0. this change makes no difference at all.

Latencybuffer=4

Settings in WIndows:

set the audio output to 16bit, 48000Hz,

and i did it also for the Microphone Rocksmith USB Guitar adapter.

Volume for this device is 17. do i have to increase the volume..? or do i have to disable this?

and now the setting in Rocksmith.

Mixer volume set to 70

Audio engine settings=2

Audio exclusivity on.  

Input gain override 10.0db

switched the real tone cable to another usb port.... 

tone and volume on the guitar set to max.

do i miss something here?  i hope anyone can help me to solve the problem.

thanks.

i also tried this, but still no luck. :/

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/716851

also when i change the ForceWDM value in rocksmith.ini from 0 to 1 as mentioned above, the game crashes immediately, and got back to Windows.

Now i have created this AudioDump.txt, and will send this to Ubisoft support. 

00000000:  : INIT ExclusiveMode 1
00000000:  : INIT LatencyBuffer 5
00000000:  : INIT ForceWDM 0
00000000:  : INIT ForceDirectXSink 0
00000099:  : WASAPI::OpenStream(output): framesPerUser[ 256 ] framesPerHost[ 512 ] latency[ 10.67ms ] exclusive[ YES ] wow64_fix[ NO ] mode[ POLL ]
00000099:  : pSinkPortAudio->Init() == AK_Success
00000099:  : ************* NSoundInputMgr_Win32::SETUP mUsePortAudio 1 mUseNWin32 0 mUseWaveIn 0 mForceDirectXSink 0 mForceWDM 0 
00000099:  : ************* NSoundInputMgr_Win32::SETUP mRealtoneCableOnly 0 
00026426:  : ************* NSoundInputMgr_Win32::DetectInputDevices_PortAudio Id 3 API 0 : Microfoon (Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter)[p:00ff v:12ba] 
00026426:  : ************* NSoundInputMgr_Win32::DetectInputDevices_PortAudio FOUND! Id 3 API 0 : Microfoon (Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter)[{0.0.1.00000000}.{faf5d452-c633-46ca-9b07-1b0a5f05268f}] 
00026444:  : WASAPI::OpenStream(input): framesPerUser[ 256 ] framesPerHost[ 1152 ] latency[ 24.00ms ] exclusive[ YES ] wow64_fix[ NO ] mode[ POLL ]
00026446:  : ************* NSoundInputMgr_Win32::DetectInputDevices_PortAudio Id 3 API 0 : Microfoon (Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter)  INPUT ON Slot 0
00026446:  : ************* NSoundInputMgr_Win32::DetectInputDevices_PortAudio Id 3 : samplerate 44100, input channels 1
00026446:  : ************* NSoundInputMgr_Win32::DetectInputDevices_PortAudio Id 3 API 0 : Microfoon (Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter)[p:00ff v:12ba] 
00026446:  : ************* NSoundInputMgr_Win32::DetectInputDevices_PortAudio - no new input devices, stop

I found out that i got the most crackling/ distortion sound when i got in the menu's, when navigate through the menu, or when i try to tune or calibrate the guitar. when i start a song it sounds a little better, but not that good....  sometimes when in a song, the sound stops, and i have to restart te game. 

• Like 1

Do you have exclusive audio on in game? You would only need that off if you're streaming to Twitch. Also since I'm replying on my cell I forget what setting it is but off the top of my head audio latency being set to low can do the same thing. I'm running a system over 5 years old and don't run into this problem. I also run it on my laptop that is almost 15 years old. Have you tried the game on it's default settings? If you changed them because of lag then don't use HDMI for audio and get a 1/8" to rca adapter to connect it to your home stereo or get speakers that connect to the line out or speaker output from your pc.

hi , i get awfull distortion crackling , wile playing a song ,but it goes completely ,by turning down volume on guitar ,

down from 10 to 9. RS says you must have your volume turned all the way up to work properly . this only started 

recently , maybe after an update.