Solo Harmonies - Lead only?

Izzy2014

Solo Harmonies - Lead Only?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding the awesome solos where two guitarists are harmonizing together: Would you rather have both combined into one lead arrangement (using a pedal to recreate the harmony) or have it on both Lead and Rhythm?

• I'd prefer harmonizing with myself. Lead only.
    • I like harmonizing with friends! Lead + Rhythm

Question

So I'm working on a project that involves a solo with two guitarists harmonizing with each other. However, there are three guitars in the solo. Two guitarists harmonizing with each other, and the third guitarist providing the rhythm. Should I combine the two guitarists into one and just use an octave pedal to create an artificial harmony, or have the second solo guitarist in rhythm? From what I understand, people stick to rhythm when they want to only play "easier" parts of the song, whereas the lead guitarist prefers to do the "harder" parts. What are your thoughts?

Check out my Projects List. Yay!

If you need assistance creating lyrics to a song or want to make a collab with me on any Rock, Metal, JRock or JPop song, feel free to ask me!

5 answers to this question

Well i understand it, when i start to chart the Arch Enemy songs, the tabs was made for 3-4 guitars. not the biggest problem, but the problems begin when when 2 guitars playing both the solo (mostly diffrent string but match together). Or even worth 4 guitars, 2 playing solos at the same time, but all over the song there are small pieces of single solos.

First problem i solved by just created clear splitted parts Lead and Rhythm. For the second problem i didn't found a solution since yet.

Hmm. I suppose I could add bonus arrangements for certain parts. But... then again I am pretty lazy when it comes to adding anything extra :/ I guess only time will tell then.

Check out my Projects List. Yay!

If you need assistance creating lyrics to a song or want to make a collab with me on any Rock, Metal, JRock or JPop song, feel free to ask me!