Your Custom Tones.

TechnicalPick

Question

8 answers to this question

• Administrator

@@TechnicalPick Mostly because posting the xml from a tone can't be imported directly into RS without creating a CDLC that uses the tone so it's kinda pointless to share the file in itself.

Note that you can look/modify any tone of any song you have in Rocksmith inside the Tone Designer, so just pick the CDLC you like the tone off and look up the tone inside the game.

If you are interested here are some of the tones i've made for me or others users over time : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1ZKYtpB0vu2OGpaRXFSYXNzalE?usp=sharing

But i think the best tones i've created are the one for The Truth by In Flames but i'm always trying to improve so the futur CDLC i make might outmatch it one day.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I think part of the problem is a lot of people did not know you could post or share tones haha. You could post your own tones on the forums if you wanted, I would be interested to hear and play them. It reminds me of the fender fuse website. I have a Fender mustang 1 v2 I think, and you can download peoples presets directly into your amp and it's so amazing!!

• Administrator

@@kilgorenate Thing is you can't easily load a tones inside Rocksmith. So sure you can share tones, but if people can't use it without going through the toolkit and generating a proper CDLC package, it's kinda useless for most user.

So it's far from what the Fender Mustang does, you can't just dl a preset and magically play it directly inside Rocksmith which is why nothing has ever been done for sharing custom tones.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

a way to use those tones in RS would be just import any cdlc in the TK, use the tone there, recreate the cdlc and save it to your cdlc folder. Then load RS, open the Sound Creation thing, load this one cdlc's tone you put in and save it as your own. Then you can delete this cdlc, it was just your tone transporter. Not a really straightforward way, but it should work.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

• Administrator

@@fripponomic I'm not saying it's impossible but what you describe is a very complex way to just import a tone and it's likely faster to just rebuild it by reading the xml file and picking the stuff in the tone designer directly especially if you aren't a charter that know how to work with the toolkit...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

I already said it's a not straightforward way, but it should work.

I guess instead doing something with the xml file for noncharters the easier way would be just screenshot all tone settings in game and share them, so everyone could rebuild the tone in the tonedesigner directly.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

• Administrator

@@kilgorenate there was talk for that kind of stuff long ago but it never actually happened. Maybe someone one day will do something and that would be cool but i wouldn't put too much hope into it.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography