5 and 6 string bass songs using the guitar layout for the game?

chris1169

Question

6 answers to this question

Well, there's option of setting 5- or 6-string bass as a requirement when submitting customs to the database but I think Ignition, the current database engine, isn't able to actually filter or even show that information, so there's no way to look for it atm. There'll be an update eventually which should make that possible, at least that's what I hope.

Not sure if anyone's made a list of songs that require 5- or 6-string basses, but you can search for it. I also don't know what genres you are interested in and apart from the one's I made, I don't really have a lot of info about that. A lot of progressive rock/metal bands use 5/6 string basses (Dream Theater, Haken, etc.) and also many modern musicals require basses with more than 4 strings (I released a few customs from musicals like that).

Making a list of my own stuff will take a while, so I'll only do it once I know what you are really looking for.

• Like 1

@@chris1169 - I don't think there's an official list anywhere. I have a list of bands that I've made customs for that use 5-string and 6-string bass on some of their songs in my workshop (see signature). For my customs, this is usually available as the bonus rhythm path (if there's a rhythm path for guitar) or normal rhythm path (if no rhythm path for guitar).

You can also try searching for it. Now sure how much it will be useful, but here are my results when I do an advanced search for "5 string bass" (6 string bass seems to be the same, so it's probably just getting "string bass", which hopefully is mostly mentioned when it's unusual). A lot of those may just be B standard and lower 4 string paths, though (that is, they don't ever use the high strings)

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Administrator

Simply searching "5 string bass" on ignition should give you a pretty good result of the CDLC that have that option available (might not be 100% correct but it's better than nothing).

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity