Number of arrangement available in RS Remastered

• Developer

You can now repair previously repaired CDLC.  I just added it to CFSM Beta 1.2.7.0.

Here's new instructions for usage:

Overview:  CFSM 'Bulk Repairs' feature is a GUI for making repairs to all CDLC files that are located in the Rocksmith 2014 'dlc' folder and subfolders.  Once repaired these CDLC may be played bug free in Rocksmith 2014 Remastered (RS14R).

Usage Option #1 (for Rocksmith 2014 Remastered players):
1. Start the latest beta release of CFSM, select 'Repairs' tab.
2. Make sure "Repair 100% Mastery Bug" and "Add DD" radio buttons are selected (have a black dot in the circle).  This will repair CDLC and add Dynamic Difficulty (DD) to CDLC that do not already have DD so that in game Song Stats are maintained properly.
3. Press the "Restore (.org) Backups" button.
4. If you want to preserve in game Song Stats then check the 'Preserve Existing Song Stats' checkbox.  This option only preserve Song Stats for CDLC that have not been played in  RS14R (CDLC that do not yet have the 100% Mastery Bug).
5. Press the big 'Repair 100% Mastery Bug' button to start the repairs.
6. Go get a beer or two while your CDLC collection is repaired.
7. Start the game and play your repaired CDLC collection.

Footnote:  Corrupt CDLC and CDLC that Exceed the Playable Arrangements Limit (aka Max5 Bug) are moved to appropriate subfolders inside the 'backup' folder which is located in the Rocksmith 2014 root folder.  CDLC that Exceed the Playable Arrangements may be repaired by following Usage Option #2 instructions below.

Usage Option #2 (for CFSM users who want to repair the Max5 Bug):
1. Follow and apply Usage Option #1 repairs to the entire CDLC collection.
2. Press the 'Restore (.max) Backups' button.  This will load the empty 'dlc' folder with all CDLC that have the Max5 Bug.
3. Make sure 'Skip Repaired CDLC', 'Repair 100% Mastery Bug', and 'Add DD' radio buttons are selected.
4. Select the 'Repair Maximum Playable Arrangements' radio button.  This will activate the repair option checkboxes.
5. Now you have to make a tough choice.  Which arrangements to remove from the CDLC that have the Max5 Bug?  If you are a Bass player then you may want to 'Remove Guitar' arrangements.  On the flip side, if you are a Guitar player you may want to 'Remove Bass' arrangements.  My suggestion is to start by selecting 'Remove Bonus' and see how many CDLC are fixed with just that one option selected.  Then if you need to fix more CDLC you can add additional checkbox options.  I know you are going to have to think about and re-read this step to get the concept of removing arrangements.
6. Start the game and play your repaired CDLC collection.

Usage Option #3 (for CDLC charters who want to repair the Max5 Bug):
1. Create a new empty 'dlc' folder anywhere that you would like.
2. Put the CDLC that you have charted that have the Max5 Bug into the empty 'dlc' folder. 
3. Start CFSM and select 'Settings' tab.
4. Change the 'Rocksmith Installation Directory' to a 'dlc' work directory that you created in Step 1 that contains only the CDLC that you have charted.
5. Next select 'Repairs' tab.
6. Make sure 'Skip Repaired CDLC', 'Repair 100% Mastery Bug', and 'Add DD' radio buttons are selected.
7. Select the 'Repair Maximum Playable Arrangements' radio button.  This will activate the repair option checkboxes.
8. Now select appropriate options that you think will repair the CDLC that you have charted.  My suggestion is to start by selecting 'Remove Bonus' and see how many CDLC are fixed with just that one option selected.  (As an example, checking 'Remove Bonus' repairs most CDLC for charter LaceyB's work.)  (Checking 'Remove Metronome' may repair CDLC for charter Azrael)  One TRICK is to set the CFSM Setting tab 'Rocksmith Installation Directory' to a 'dlc' work directory that you choose which can be anywhere on the system and only contains the work that you want to fix and re-author.  Remember this is a bulk repair tool so you only want CDLC that you want to repair to be in the 'dlc' folder where ever it is located. 
9. Play around with the Usage Option #3 until you achieve the output you are looking for.

Second Draft

These instructions can also be found inside the CFSM Bulk Repairs feature.  Just press the Help button in Bulk Repairs.  Also, almost every checkbox, radio button and button in Bulk Repairs has a popup tooltip to help you.

"CFSM also opens the setup file every time i start it now"  Delete the 'My Documents/CFSM' folder and restart CFSM.

• Like 2

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@cozy1 Trying it now, but it stops when it processed only 127 files. Tried to run it a few times, but it always stops at 127 of 1237

Edit: Tried to remove the odlc, and now the process stops after 64 files.

Wish i could just restore rocksmith, and not upgrade it to remastered. There are quite a few songs i loved to play, that i can't play anymore.

• Developer

@Wormweed  I'm not really sure what is cause CFSM to stop processing for you.  It is possible you have a locked or very corrupt CDLC.  You could try setting the 'dlc' folder properties again, make sure 'Read-Only' is unchecked.  If that doesn't work follow my signature link and download CGT and run CGT File Manager tab to check your collection for corrupt CDLC.  Otherwise process small groups of CDLC till you figure out which one is causing CFSM to hang.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@Wormweed  Found bug and fix.  Would appreciate it if you leave CFSM bug reports in thread over here.  tks

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy