high E string always too low

Atelophobia

Question

Hey got new strings on my guitar some weeks ago. The guy also brought back my guitar to proper general settings. I did just check it when I got it back and everything was fine.

Now I try to play RS and my high E string is alway detected with -15 - no matter how I tighten the string.

If I press first fret note is way too high as it should be but I cant get unfretted to get round -/+5 or so.

It simply doesnt change. Any suggestions?

1 answer to this question

That's really weird, honestly.

First, make sure the pickups are roughly the same height that they were before, relative to the strings. Then try re-calibrating your guitar with Rocksmith. Also, trying it with another guitar, if you have access to one, would help to determine whether the issue is your guitar or real tone cable.

If nothing works, a workaround would be to try and play the b string at the 5th fret (or equivalent) to try and "trick" RS. Even if this works, it obviously wouldn't be ideal for note detection purposes.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs