xbox one?

andyoesq

Question

I hate to ask this question, but I used the search function and looked around for a while and couldn't find an answer.

Preface to the question - I'm old(er)(relatively)(it hurts to say it).

I play rocksmith on my laptop. Just got a xbox 1 for my sons. My older son (9 years old) has expressed interest in learning to play guitar. When we ordered the xbox 1, I immediately ordered rocksmith 14, so he can play. (and for me a little too).

I should have done my research first - is there really no way to add CDLC to the xbox one?

I had just assumed you could add it like with the PC. I see the indication on the CDLC section for xbox - is that only for the 360?

I must be missing something.....right?

6 answers to this question

OK, I bought a copy of the original rocksmith, for the 360. I put it in the xbox one this morning, in the hopes of loading the game, then having it recognize that I had the older version, and be able to import the base songs from the older version to be able to play in the newer version.

However, I hit a snag. The old version of rocksmith won't load / play on the xbox one. It says this game is not compatible with the xbox one. I remember reading though that is said if you had the previous version of the game, you could pay to import the old songs into the new version. Anyone have any idea how to do this for the xbox one, if you don't have an xbox 360, but have an old version of the game?

OK, I bought a copy of the original rocksmith, for the 360. I put it in the xbox one this morning, in the hopes of loading the game, then having it recognize that I had the older version, and be able to import the base songs from the older version to be able to play in the newer version.

However, I hit a snag. The old version of rocksmith won't load / play on the xbox one. It says this game is not compatible with the xbox one. I remember reading though that is said if you had the previous version of the game, you could pay to import the old songs into the new version. Anyone have any idea how to do this for the xbox one, if you don't have an xbox 360, but have an old version of the game?

you will need to find a friend with an xbox 360, log in with your gamer tag, unlock one acheivement in the game, make sure your connected to xbox live. then you should be able to go back to the xbox one and within rocksmith 2014 (xbox one version) store to purchase the import pack. that is the only way to import the original rocksmith songs into rocksmith 2014 (xbox one version).
  • Like 1

you will need to find a friend with an xbox 360, log in with your gamer tag, unlock one acheivement in the game, make sure your connected to xbox live. then you should be able to go back to the xbox one and within rocksmith 2014 (xbox one version) store to purchase the import pack. that is the only way to import the original rocksmith songs into rocksmith 2014 (xbox one version).

Uggg, ok, I was worried it was something along those lines :-( thanks for the help