Locked Windows 10

stevenadunn

Hi Guys,

Seems to be an issue with Windows 10, I get the network pop up stating 'checking system requirements' then the hour glass appears for 5 or 6 seconds, then goes away and nothing happens, no app launches or is in system processes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

• Developer

Make sure you are running as admin.  Install Net 4.0.30319.  Then try again.

Are there any other Win10 CFM users who have success and can offer ideas for fix to @@stevenadunn?  Thanks

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

I believe I am having the same issue on Windows 10 but it may be different.  When running the app regularly, it does not have enough permissions to do anything such as rename or delete so I tried running it as admin by right clicking it in the start menu and click "Run as Admin" and the hour glass appears for a few seconds and then nothing happens.  I can't seem to find it running in any processes either. I did confirm that I am running the .NET that @@cozy1 linked to.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Side note:  I believe that .NET framework is built into Windows 10 - See This Link - It isn't updated for Win 10 but it does say that Win 8 came with 4.5 pre-installed which I believe includes the referenced .Net 4.0.  Also This Link says that after Win 7 SP1, it is installed automatically (assuming  you run updates).  I am no expert on .Net or programming with it so @@cozy1 may me referring to a specific version that is needed not a generic included one.

• Developer

Do a Windows Explorer search for folder "Apps\2.0"  then change permissions per

Make sure you have full read/write/full control access to the files in the "2.0" folder.

Do the same thing for your Rocksmith 'dlc' folder.  Make sure you have full read/write/full control access to the files.

You can try these steps if you have trouble with the video:

1. Right click an affected folder.
2. Click Properties.
3. Click the Security tab
4. Click the "Advanced" button.
5. Click "Change" next to Owner.
6. Type your username, click the "Check Names" button, then click OK.
7. Check "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" under the owner's name.
8. Click OK again. If you get a message saying "Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you full control?", click "Yes" and you're done.
9. Click the "Edit" button.
10. Click on your username from the list.
11. Check "Full control" underneath it.
12. Click OK.
13. Click OK again.

So @firekorn was kind enough to test out the above procedures for changing folder/file permissions under W10.

He reports, "Ok so following so process for getting full control over the folder and i started the app as admin it does seems to work properly under 1.0.0.9. ...  i only changed permission for the DLC folder and nothing else."

Thanks to @firekorn.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

So @@firekorn was kind enough to test out the above procedures for changing folder/file permissions under W10.

He reports, "Ok so following so process for getting full control over the folder and i started the app as admin it does seems to work properly under 1.0.0.9. ...  i only changed permission for the DLC folder and nothing else."

Thanks to @@firekorn.

Guys, I've finally worked out how to get it to work.

I ran the setup.exe file that was downloaded, that made 2 entries in the start menu and the desktop. the help link works, the program entry does not work with any of the mods suggested, HOWEVER I have since discovered the file called SETUP.exe is actually the executable (completely wrong name to give for an executable BTW), plus it is left in the downloads directory, not where anyone would consider looking for an executable (which was downloaded as a setup file in the first place), if this is run with Administrator rights it does work run as the Song Manager and appears to work correctly.

Upshot, the file is named something most people would only run once on installation and would not expect the file to be an application executable.  Secondly the links added in the start menu and desktop do not work (on my windows 10 at least).

Hope this is constructive and assists anyone else who has downloaded this on Windows 10.

Thanks,

Steve

• Like 1

• Developer

Guys, I've finally worked out how to get it to work.

I ran the setup.exe file that was downloaded, that made 2 entries in the start menu and the desktop. the help link works, the program entry does not work with any of the mods suggested, HOWEVER I have since discovered the file called SETUP.exe is actually the executable (completely wrong name to give for an executable BTW), plus it is left in the downloads directory, not where anyone would consider looking for an executable (which was downloaded as a setup file in the first place), if this is run with Administrator rights it does work run as the Song Manager and appears to work correctly.

Upshot, the file is named something most people would only run once on installation and would not expect the file to be an application executable.  Secondly the links added in the start menu and desktop do not work (on my windows 10 at least).

Hope this is constructive and assists anyone else who has downloaded this on Windows 10.

Thanks,

Steve

While this is a confirmed workaround, it is not the only solution.  @@firekorn tested and confirmed that the solution provided here also works.