Questions about Waveform graph, syncing the song

TheHusky

I'm trying to sync up a song that has 0 timestamps and notes are always close together, now i need to sync every note by itself. 

If there was a way i could sync it by pressing a button (got a rhythm in my head) at the right time rather than finding a tiny little section on Waveform graph where the note starts. 

Talking about Waveform graph. Is there any way of making this bad boy bigger? I find it really small and like i stated before, finding the exact position the note starts on is painful.

Any ideas on how to improve my syncing process, increase waveform graph?

Thanks!

I've been playing my lovely Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (yes, the bundle guitar) since December of 2013. So far I've been more than enjoying the ride and i love playing.

If you're reading this and you make custom DLC, thank you as i enjoy getting CDLC!

I'm trying to sync up a song that has 0 timestamps and notes are always close together, now i need to sync every note by itself. 

Why do you think you need to sync every note by itself? Almost every section of every song that I've worked on (one, maybe two exceptions? Beyond things that were just tabbed out wrong) could be handled via beat-syncing and keeping the notes grid snapped. For many songs you'll probably be OK just syncing the first beat of every measure or even every other measure.

Anyway, If the waveform graph of the song is really small, it might make sense to boost the volume of the track a few dB. This can be done in Audacity by importing the track, then going to Effect -> Amplify and amplifying by a little bit at a time until the waveform is pretty big but not clipped.

Another thing that might be helpful is the Spectrogram view. I made some posts in this thread explaining how to use Spectrogram view to beat sync. I hope that helps! Let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Why do you think you need to sync every note by itself? Almost every section of every song that I've worked on (one, maybe two exceptions? Beyond things that were just tabbed out wrong) could be handled via beat-syncing and keeping the notes grid snapped. For many songs you'll probably be OK just syncing the first beat of every measure or even every other measure.

Anyway, If the waveform graph of the song is really small, it might make sense to boost the volume of the track a few dB. This can be done in Audacity by importing the track, then going to Effect -> Amplify and amplifying by a little bit at a time until the waveform is pretty big but not clipped.

Another thing that might be helpful is the Spectrogram view. I made some posts in this thread explaining how to use Spectrogram view to beat sync. I hope that helps! Let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Yeah it was tabbed VEEEEERRY wrong because i literally did it by myself. I clicked on the string , typed the note out, pressed right for next note, typed it out etc.... I just had to write it down someway.

Ill look into doing that shortly. Ill let you know.

I've been playing my lovely Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (yes, the bundle guitar) since December of 2013. So far I've been more than enjoying the ride and i love playing.

If you're reading this and you make custom DLC, thank you as i enjoy getting CDLC!

Apart from amplifying the audio, you can zoom in the chart in EOF by pressing + on the number pad and this will widen the graph. You can also go into the menu and change some other waveform display options if you like.

What!? Thats exactly what i needed! Thank you very much. Should be a bit easier to sync now.

EDIT: On a similair note. Is there any way to slow down the track a bit?

You can use CTRL+Space to play at half speed, CTRL+SHIFT+Space to play at quarter speed, or you can even go into "Edit>Playback rate" to specify your own speed. By default, playing at less than full speed uses the time stretch feature to slow the song while preventing the pitch from changing. Depending on your computer this could cause lots of lag during playback, as a workaround you could try to increase the audio buffer size in File>Settings (increments of 1024 are worth a try) or you can disable the time stretch feature by unchecking "Edit>Playback rate>Time stretch".

• Like 2

You can use CTRL+Space to play at half speed, CTRL+SHIFT+Space to play at quarter speed, or you can even go into "Edit>Playback rate" to specify your own speed. By default, playing at less than full speed uses the time stretch feature to slow the song while preventing the pitch from changing. Depending on your computer this could cause lots of lag during playback, as a workaround you could try to increase the audio buffer size in File>Settings (increments of 1024 are worth a try) or you can disable the time stretch feature by unchecking "Edit>Playback rate>Time stretch".

I'm really glad i asked this. This should do my messy tab work easier to sync. Tyvm :3