really? cuz it dosnt seem that fast to me, and its always at 1.0

I think they recently made a change to the toolkit to allow scroll speeds as fast as 0.5. Though it was mentioned it didn't play nicely with DD for some reason.

But really, why do you actually want scroll speeds that fast? I've watched playthroughs of Satch Boogie and I don't think I'd be able to play it like that unless I already knew the song, which kind of defeats the point of playing it in Rocksmith.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

really? cuz it dosnt seem that fast to me, and its always at 1.0

I think they recently made a change to the toolkit to allow scroll speeds as fast as 0.5. Though it was mentioned it didn't play nicely with DD for some reason.

But really, why do you actually want scroll speeds that fast? I've watched playthroughs of Satch Boogie and I don't think I'd be able to play it like that unless I already knew the song, which kind of defeats the point of playing it in Rocksmith.

I ask becasue sometimes the notes are so close together, its hard to tell what the hell to play. its not becasue i want to make it so fast its unplayable, just spread out more

• Like 1

I ask becasue sometimes the notes are so close together, its hard to tell what the hell to play. its not becasue i want to make it so fast its unplayable, just spread out more

As a bassist I don't have to deal with crazy solos or chords very often (except this f'ing guy), both of which can require faster scroll speeds, but there have been very few times when I've felt like a scroll speed faster than 1.5 would be beneficial (though I definitely agree that the "Toolkit default" of 2.0 is very often too slow). Where I usually have problems sight reading is when there's lots of string switching - I usually find legato or tapping licks played along one string pretty easy to read (getting my hands in the right places and doing the right things is another matter...).

Anyway, since I haven't seen many examples as a bassist who has played some pretty technical stuff, do you have some examples where a scroll speed of 1.0 is too slow to clearly differentiate notes or chords? Thanks!

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

As a bassist I don't have to deal with crazy solos or chords very often (except this f'ing guy), both of which can require faster scroll speeds, but there have been very few times when I've felt like a scroll speed faster than 1.5 would be beneficial (though I definitely agree that the "Toolkit default" of 2.0 is very often too slow). Where I usually have problems sight reading is when there's lots of string switching - I usually find legato or tapping licks played along one string pretty easy to read (getting my hands in the right places and doing the right things is another matter...).

Anyway, since I haven't seen many examples as a bassist who has played some pretty technical stuff, do you have some examples where a scroll speed of 1.0 is too slow to clearly differentiate notes or chords? Thanks!

most power and neo-classical metal (Yngwie Malmsteen, Dragonforce, etc), and if I put any tabs of my "songs", I play ridiculously fast and tend to use both of my hands for one chord.  I can think of a few grindcore songs as well. Michael Angelo Batio comes to mind as well. Nile...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy