CDLC not starting

avsrick

Question

To my amazement i was able to get the game downloaded from Steam and working. I even downloaded a couple CDLC songs. My problem is they wont start. They show up in my list under Learn a song. The audio from the song plays on the menu. When i start the song to play it goes to the next screen and stops or doesnt load. It shows the amps but the song graphics do not come up. The game isnt locked up as I can still hear my guitar. it just stays like that. i end up having to reboot the PC after about 10 mins of nothing. this is only on the CDLC songs. the other songs work fine and even the one I bought works fine. I say fine. the video is a bit choppy. it is not smooth like the PS3 version.

any idea on my issue with CDLC not working?

any idea how to fix the 'choppiness'? 

I am a bit ignorant when it come to graphic setting etc on PC.

9 answers to this question

• Administrator

i think you just forgot to put the .dll file in the rocksmith folder. Follow the instruction in this topic : http://customsforge.com/topic/901-how-to-use-custom-dlcs-in-rs2014/

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

no. it is in there. I followed the video exactly. everything looks as the video said it should. I see there are tons of people asking about this but no one offering a resolution other than saying there are tons of topics on it... i tried 3 different CDLC songs, loading and reloading them. still wont play them and that dll is in my root directory.

@@avsrick There are three different hacks for PC in the linked thread (2 DLLs and an executable patcher), have you tried both of the DLLs?  It's been a while since I've had set it up, but I think I ended up having to use the second DLL (marked as "Updated version ->" under PC alternative 1).

If that doesn't fix it, can you try downloading one of the customs from this week's championship here.  While it's unlikely that you've stumbled across three different customs that are broken, this would rule it out for sure (since multiple people have been playing these songs without any issues).

As far as choppiness goes, it's hard to say what the issue might be.  You can try going into options and turning down/off all the graphics options, but there's no guarantee that is the issue.  You may also want to check for anything running in the background that's taking up resources while you're playing, such as antivirus, software updates,  or backup/cloud sync services.  Beyond that, the only thing I can suggest is to make sure your graphics and audio drivers are up to date.

• Administrator

The second one should work in 99% of the cases and if not the patcher should always work no matter what.

All the post with the issue of cdlc not starting are always related to one of the step being missed in the tutorial or not having tested all options.

Also make sure you do have Cherub Rock official DLC, without it none of the cdlc will work.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@Bentron and @@Wepeel, no i havent tried the others. I will try that tonight. the 3 downloads i tried were the 3 highest dl'd Pink Floyd so i am sure those are ok. I will try the other. clearly i am PC challenged. I appreciate your comments on the choppiness. I will try some of what you suggested assuming i can find on my PC where that stuff is! ha

@@firekorn thanks for your comments as well. i am 100% positive i did everything the video said to do. i watched it 100 times stopping and backing up etc. i did buy the cherub rock. it works fine (other than the choppiness) i have been on the ps3 version over a year and it so smooth compare to PC. Based on what you guys said above this is not normal for a PC though

sounds like i jumped the gun reaching out and should have tried the other dll. I really appreciate everyone trying to help me. 

• Like 1

same issue for me, have tried both .dll files as well as the patcher.

the patcher reloads the game as a different game with no profile set and none of my DLC.  when I launch the regular .exe through my desktop or steam the DLC is there but once I get past the tuning screen it freezes....

I do have cherub rock dlc.

http://s10.postimg.org/4l7cc1oi1/Capture.png