Dual monitor problem?

Goofiestbee

Question

Hey there, I use dual monitors and 98% of the time I leave it on "Duplicate these displays" so it shows the same thing on both monitors. everything works fine but when I close the games sometimes one of my monitors gets all fuzzy and has these glitchy black lines going through it (This only happens after closing the game). Gets kindof annoying because the only way to get rid of it that I found was to change the display to "Extend" then back to "Duplicate", but it reoccurs after closing Rocksmith 2014 again.

Anyway to fix this? Not sure what the problem is.

If you need any more PC or monitor information let me know

Any help is appreciated. 
Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Thanks for the reply! I use a AMD Radeon HD 7700 & im running the latest drivers. (Updated everything real good after windows 10 came out) though this problem was present in windows 8/8.1 before i switched as well. Weird because it only happens when i close Rocksmith 2014, no other game has done it

@@Goofiestbee a temporary fix, I suppose, would be to run windowed mode at your monitor native resolution (or second down from your native resolution, to avoid taskbar overlap - although the taskbar doesn't seem to intrude on the screen in this game because there's probably irrelevant horizontal space on the bottom in a 16:9 aspect ratio)

Also, I have the same setup as you. If you didn't know, you can make ATI Catalyst have global shortcut keys under "Add Preset" to change profiles on the fly. I have CTRL+ALT 1 for my two monitors and then CTRL+ALT 2 for a single monitor and my TV.

Thanks for the reply rom! Do you think it could have something to do with the monitors refresh rate? I remember having to turn them both to 59hz instead of 60 to get rid of a weird jumping task bar glitch a while ago.

Thanks for the tip about Catalyst. I knew it was there but never really messed around with it before.

Another thing to note is im using VGA & DVI for my monitors. Should i switch one to HDMI instead? Would that do anything? I hope not as my HDMI slot is reserved for my Wii U which is connected to my monitor as well.