Move All function?

MVega

I'm working on a file I unpacked from a .DAT (the original charter never finished the song). For some reason he placed the start of the song and the chart in the wrong position.

As it is, the song starts in the middle of a measure, which makes no sense at all. Also, the audio file is placed so that it starts a little behind the beat anyway. (Maybe when he charted it EOF didn't have a zoom function.)

Is there are way to reposition everything -- the audio AND the chart for the track? I need to drag everything forward and line the start up with the 3rd measure.

Will this mean I have to redo the tempo map? (It's an old song, so it'll need to be adjusted by hand). I've already generated a psarc for it and tested it in Rocksmith -- they synch is pretty good, but not perfect, and I think this is the reason why.

Alternatively, is there a way to remove the silence or some of it at the start to get things to line up?

I'm trying to add a bass track right now, but I think I need to correct this issue first.

EDIT: It looks like I can't move the audio -- I'm guessing this would require EOF to recalculate the silence at the beginning of the ogg file. Instead, I just started from scratch, using my own .mp3 (higher quality version anyway).

Repost from SA:

Yes, just click and drag the first beat marker and the entire chart will move with it. Or if you know the exact number of milliseconds you want to move it, you can open Song>Properties and type that value into the "Delay" field. This "MIDI delay" is a mechanism from the Frets on Fire era that was used to define where the chart starts in relation to the audio.

Repost from SA:Yes, just click and drag the first beat marker and the entire chart will move with it. Or if you know the exact number of milliseconds you want to move it, you can open Song>Properties and type that value into the "Delay" field. This "MIDI delay" is a mechanism from the Frets on Fire era that was used to define where the chart starts in relation to the audio.

The problem I had was there was a bit of silence at the beginning of the mp3 file (this occurs when you rip the song from CD, so it's part of the original track), so there seemed to be no way to line things up so that the count-in occurred exactly on the beat. I just went ahead and prepared a new audio file, trimming the silence. This also made the beatmap behave better -- and when I imported the chart, it was much easier to get everything to snap to the grid.