Issue with Custom dlc from site here not working

adamf4i

Question

Ok so I bought the game on steam also like the tutorial stated buy  a dlc , i bought day to remember , if it means alot to you .   Now i downloaded the d3dx9_42.dll and put this in the rocksmith 2014 folder which is lcoated under the steam apps folder.  then i downlaoded the patcher , ran that rocksmith 2014_patcher.exe   then i downloaded some cdlc from the site here and put those in the dlc folder in rocksmith 2014 also in steam apps. went to and downloaded the rocksmith toolkitgui.exe and ran this and chose the if it means alot to you by day to remember dlc i bought on steam . and selected the downloaded parssc file from here from antoher song and it says successful on this part , tab back to game but the song doesnt show up in there , can you tell me what im doin wrong.  Sorry for the grammar.

7 answers to this question

Well you don't need the dll and the patcher, just one or the other (preferably just the dll). Also why didn't you get cherub rock? Would make your life much easier!

I'd say install fresh and try again. and make sure you are trying out a cdlc that has positive feedback so you know it works.

• Like 1

Can you link me to a good cdlc you know works ?

Also fresh install as in leave the dll file in my rocksmith folder and removed the patcher install , what if there isnt a patcher.exe to remove in the windows control panel , and then obviously remove the editor software that you use to link the package from a bought dlc to a custom cdlc?

Yes,, you should uninstall Rocksmith altogether and reinstall it. You only need the dll file in your Rocksmith main folder. Just copy it to your desktop then uninstall Rocksmith and delete the folder. Then reinstall it and put the dll file back in. That will be sure to get rid of the patcher stuff,, which you don't need. Also,, when modifying a song ID close Rocksmith out,, don't tab back and forth. If you DO make changes while tabbed go to the in game store to enumerate the song. But it's better to close out the game. Also,, you don't need to get rid of the toolkit. But you will need to reassign the app id on the song you are trying to make work. Unless you want to reassign the App ID almost every time it would be easier to buy Cherub Rock,, though sometimes an APP ID uhh redo is needed. I'm yet to have a song not work,, ever.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

I think they meant uninstall then re install the game and then put in the dll file.  Almost everyone that makes songs sets the id to the cherub rock dlc id so it makes things way easier because then you dont have to mess with it every song.  I know all my songs will work if you cant decide on a test song.

• Like 1