removing songs

Buksvåger

Question

11 answers to this question

I'd imagine you'd need to restart the game in order to play the updated version.

yes, i went to the dlc folder, removed the old songs then replaced it with the new ones before i started the game. I have done this procedure a couple of 

(3-4) times. The performance of the game progressively started to get worse after each time i've did this. Now the game either starts crashing in the middle of the game or when it's loading. if i pass that the updated song some times won't appear or just simply won't work. the overall performance also became very crappy. i don't know if it could be any cloud setting on the game or something i should have changed but the whole game and my computer have  fucked up now after i've done this. I don't have any virus or any kind of malworm IN MY COMPUTER! i have used several different recomanded troubleshooters  and it tells me i have corrupt files which won't seem to be repairable because the same corrupt files always seem to appear up after i've repaired it. now at this moment i have sent the computer to asus workshop to see if they can find any solution to this problem all i know is that i am pretty certain that the problem is something i've caused from swaping songs because it's there the problems started.

By sounds of things, I kind of doubt it's anything Rocksmith related. Adding/removing files from the dlc folder isn't going to affect your PC's behavior outside of Rocksmith. Also, depending on what these "corrupt" files are, they may have no impact on the performance issues you're experiencing.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

By sounds of things, I kind of doubt it's anything Rocksmith related. Adding/removing files from the dlc folder isn't going to affect your PC's behavior outside of Rocksmith. Also, depending on what these "corrupt" files are, they may have no impact on the performance issues you're experiencing.

Okay,  Do you go through the procedure as the guy above "NotGuilty" ?. Have you experienced any troubble after replacing songs before?  

I' ve made a lot of delete old- paste new version, put on two or more versions of the same song and such other strange things in my rocksmith2014/dlc folder and never got any bad response, so I agree with GetTheLedOut it's not a rocksmith related issue

Okay,  Do you go through the procedure as the guy above "NotGuilty" ?. Have you experienced any troubble after replacing songs before?  

Yes, that's the file path in which all of the DLC's are located. I've never experienced any trouble at all, nor have I heard of anyone experiencing the type of issues you described.Have you changed anything major with your PC recently, like adding a device, a driver, installed new software? The fact is, simply adding a file to a folder isn't going to cause the kind of issues you're describing. Hopefully the Asus repair people are able to help you out.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Thanks for your respons!. Nope i did not install anything in particular what i can remember, after a while i restorded the computer and after that the whole computer went nuts. I can't for example configurate updates like microsoft programs, the graphic card and things like that. I was able to re-install rocksmith but the performance had become so bad that i had to lower every graphics options avaible and when tried to decrease the msaa setting, a strange buzzing noise apeard then the game crashed.

It sounds like your pc has a  hardware issue, probably a faulty hard disk

Yeah it might be, almost  everyone iv'e asked so far say's it is the hardware. Well ill wait and see what the manufacturer tells me, hopefully my warranty covers this because the computer costed me a shitload of money and it's just around 7 months old or so.