Totally newb question.

wolfpost

Question

I know nothing about playing music or how this program that makes the songs work but I am a big Zepp fan. I have noticed on "whole lotta love" and "trampled underfoot, it's basically just the same notes and or chords repeated over and over most of the song to the point of not ever having to move your fingers at some points, but from listening and watching live videos there are clearly other notes being played. Can I ask why that is? Not a critique or anything but I was sort of hoping for.....more.

5 answers to this question

While I haven't played those customs. You to understand that MOST recorded music for guitar parts has several recordings layered. For example during the solos for songs you can hear the rhythm part behind it. With only one guitarist, that's studio trickery. Live, the guitarist often modifies the song so it can be played live. And maybe that was the best tab the charter could find.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

Thanks for the responses. Attitude, I thought it might be something like that. But I just didn't think it would be that severe.

Diamonddog, I thought of that after I posted. I only had time to play through the song once before I had to leave for work. The first songs I glanced at were by Dream Theater and they had too many notes for playing through a song for the first time. LOL. So I assumed the songs I downloaded came already leveled up. So when I saw the Zepp songs I at first thought that was all I got. So maybe thats it then. They are just not leveled up.

Thanks again.

Not sure if you know about manually leveling your songs through riff repeater, but just in case (better safe than sorry!), hit space bar in a song, select the ENTIRE SONG at the top (hold your ZERO button down and it should scroll it to the right and select the whole song on your "radar" on the top) and then scroll to...I think it says difficulty, I don't remember. You will be able to slide it to 100 though, which is full tabs. Turn auto leveling off if you don't want it to change through Dynamic Difficulty, and then exit riff repeater.

This is a lot easier than playing a song multiple times to slowly level it up (if you want to play the full song)