Question

ok, so im getting frustrated.

I have tried the dll file AND the exe one..  put them in my steam folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc

in there i have a couple of songs

eg

Metallica - Nothing Else Matters_p.psarc

and of course the damned cherubs rock..

i have installed the custom  toolkits thing.

gone to the  packer unpacker,  chose the DL to replace cherubs "i hate you" rock.

its says App ID update is complete

Start Rocksmith 2014 ( ps i have the original rocksmith as well, dont care which i use)

and there is it is... cherubs freaking Rock.....

any ideas what I might be doing wrong at all please

6 answers to this question

What exactly are you trying to do? Why would you be trying to 'replace' Cherub Rock?

Nearly every single CDLC here already uses the Cherub Rock app ID, so since you've already purchased Cherub Rock (I think), you don't need to do anything with the Toolkit.

If you're just trying to get CDLCs to play, then I'm guessing that you've put the .dll file in the wrong folder. It should go in the Rocksmith2014 folder, not the dlc folder, as your post would suggest you've done. Just move it back one sub-folder and everything should work.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

it is in the root folder of rocksmith 2014, the dlc fodler was where i put the downloaded songs.

so it doesent replace cherub rock, ok i misunderstood that, the songs arnt appearing in my song list anywhere ( that i can see)

i arnt home till friday now, but will check again,  could there be anything i am not doing?

Ok, you are correct. The .dll file goes in the Rockmsith2014 folder, and the songs go in the \dlc folder. So at least we've got that part down :)

First things first, make sure you've read ALL of this tutorial: http://customsforge.com/topic/901-how-to-use-custom-dlcs-in-rs2014/

If you follow the tutorial completely, and it still doesn't work, I have a couple of guesses.

1. Did you actually buy Rocksmith 2014 and Cherub Rock from the steam store? You need to have actually purchased Cherub Rock for things to work.

2. Do you have multiple versions of the .dll file in the Rocksmith2014 folder? You should have a total of 4 .dll files in your Rocksmith2014 folder:

bink2w32.dll

steam_api.dll

systemdetection.dll
uplay_r1_loader.dll

If you have multiple version of the .dll file you've manually added, there may be a conflict. To be safe download the .dll file again and place it in the folder, replacing any that you may have previously added or modified with the .exe patch (perhaps the patch messes with the .dll file. I'm not sure because I've never used it).

3. It's possible that you've messed up the app ID somehow with the Toolkit. Perhaps try deleting Nothing Else Matters (and any song you've tried to convert) and downloading them again. As long as you've purchased Cherub Rock, 99.9% of songs on this forum will work for you without requiring you to change the app ID.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Yeah I bought cherub rock from the steam store ( and almost bought a pile more, when i saw some of the stuff on there)

Because I work away, I cant get to test this untill the weekend, and update what dlls i have ETC.

But, As I have my laptop with me, and i do have steam on it,  is there anyway to by pass the initial guitar set up, so I can try again on my lappy.. dont have the real tone cable ( or guitar) with me,   but if I can go through the process again and see it working, then I can either use my laptop at home with guitar, or uninstall / reinstall if i have to.

And thanks for your help, btw.   its far to easy to forget to say thank you when somebody tries to help

You're welcome, man. These types of issues are frustrating for sure.

There's no way that I know of to bypass the tuning, so you'll have to wait until you have access to a guitar/realtone cable.

If the steps in my last post don't work for you, then I'd say uninstall/re-install Rocksmith and start at the beginning with that tutorial. Best of luck!

After rebuilding my system, I have had problems getting RockSmith to see my CDLC's.   I have uninstalled RS2014 and reinstalled but to no avail.  Do I have to uninstall and re-install the original RS also?   When I ran the patcher as an alternative,  it deleted my profile and it was like I was a new user.   Further,  my CDLC's did not show up in that case either.  SO I restored my original RS2014 to get back my original profile.   I cannot figure this out.