Please help!

Spartanogc

Question

I followed the instruction for Mac and installed Hotel California in the correct folder but when I laugh thru RS the song does not show up on my playlist. Also the songs in DLC folder show up as EXE and the downloaded song as HTML. Do I need to convert it first and if so how? Any help would be appreciated

12 answers to this question

Did you read through this tutorial?

http://customsforge.com/topic/10547-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/

Also, whatever you've downloaded into your dlc folder is incorrect or corrupted, as the customs (or official dlc) are not .exe or .html files. The mac customs and official dlc all end in "_m.psarc".

If the customs you downloaded end in "_p.psarc" then they are PC versions, and must be converted with the Toolkit.  The Toolkit can be found from the main page of this site, and there are instructions for converting in the post I linked above.

@@Wepeel, you are the patron saint of all Mac users trying to play customs.  I've haven't seen one mac question you haven't answered.

I try my best to help my fellow Mac users.  I struggled a lot to figure out how to get everything working on Mac when I first started, so I like to try and help out others who are running into the same problems.

I haven't had any luck charting on Mac, so I figure the least I can do is try my best to be the International Mac Help Desk :)

• Like 4

Ok i put 2 songs in the dlc folder that are for Mac, they show up in the song list but when i try to play them they don't do anything besides let me check the tuning of my guitar. After that when i pick the song to play nothing happens

Just to confirm, you did purchase Cherub Rock through Steam and verified that it has downloaded into your dlc folder?  You have to actually purchase it, so that it is licensed to you.  You can't just download or steal it from somewhere on the internet.

If you did purchase it, then there are a few ways you can force the game to make sure it is downloaded.  One is to launch the game normally through Steam.  The other is to open Steam, go to your library of games, and right-click on Rocksmith 2014 (don't launch it) and then select "Properties".  Under the "Local Files" tab, click on "Verify Integrity of Game Cache". 

That will force Steam to check each file to make sure nothing is corrupted and that everything is downloaded properly.

If you've done all of that, and you have Cherub Rock purchased and downloaded into your dlc folder, check to make sure that the custom(s) you're trying to use actually use Cherub Rock as their AppID.  Most of them do, but a small few do not.  You can tell by going to the record page here in the forum and it should be listed on the page for the song.

You can also check through this thread to see if the customs you are trying to use are on the list of songs known to cause problems:

http://customsforge.com/topic/4863-list-of-crashers-jammers-dead-toners-and-misc-problems/

Also, out of curiosity and so I can help you narrow down some problems, what customs are you trying to use that won't work?

I did purchase Cherub Rock thru steam and its installed in my DLC folder, I verified the game cache and no correct files found. The 2 songs I'm trying to play are Hotel California and  Stairway to Heaven and both those have Cherob Rock listed in the file. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated and thanks for all the help

Was it @@L33tr's version of Stairway?  I downloaded the Mac version he posted and it works fine for me.

I also downloaded @@GetTheLedOut's version of Hotel California.  It looks like, based on the comments, there are some issues with v1 of that song.  He' updated the PC version to v1.1, but not the Mac version he posted.

I downloaded the PC version of v1.1 and converted it with the Toolkit and it worked fine as well.

Give it a try and see if it works for you:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6fskdeuw014vdwl/Eagles_Hotel-California_v1_1_m.psarc?dl=0

If you downloaded different versions of those songs, let me know and I'll try them out.  There are several versions of each song posted.