Nudge notes on beatmap ? Move beats in time ?

ArguZ

Question

Hi there,

before i pour more time into this i need to solve two fundamental problems in EoF.

Maybe you guys can enlighten me.

1. How can change the beginning of the song ?

Or in other words, can i move the start of the music or the grid so it sits on top of the music.

--By clicking the first tempo signature and dragging it...all right all right i got it :) 

2. How can i slide a whole track on the note grid when i have a beat map loaded.

In my example i have both problems and i did not find a way to just nudge notes or change the song start.

http://postimg.org/image/8zre98lez/

The tempo of the song is extremely flexible, it oscillates around 130 bpm most of the time with slower and faster parts, like a rubber band.

My beat map is pretty perfect, i can even re-snap the notes for bass and guitar, but I do not know how to move the whole track once it has been repositioned by the beat map.

4 answers to this question

You have a song beatmapped, and when you import notes from a guitar pro tab they start out in the wrong spot?

If that's what it is  (save before you do anything), press CTRL+A then CTRL+C to copy all the notes.  Delete them.  Move to where you'd like the notes to start.  CTRL+V to paste them at that position.  If you have any tech notes (press F4 to view the tech track) you'll have to move that stuff too.

You can also just select all imported notes (CTRL+A) and use the "Note>Move grid snap>Backward/Forward" functions (CTRL+[ and CTRL+]), which gives the same net result, just make sure you have set a grid snap with the resolution you want. Make sure to also move the tech notes (use "Track>Rocksmith>Enable tech view" or simlpy press F4 to toggle between editing regular notes and tech notes) to match, if there are any.

I don't get it...

the first option does not work because the tempo map is ..well...not a grid...it looks very unsymetric and when i paste all the notes to another place they do not fall into the beat map , they keep their positions to each other but the grid is totally off then.

the second one also does not work for me.

If I press CTRL + [ the program wants to quit and CTRL + ] does not do anything than adding sustain.

But yes, this is the function i am looking for, but I also do not find a menu entry that says  "Note>Move grid snap>Backward/Forward"

If you're not using the latest EOF hotfix (download both the latest release candidate RC10, and the latest hotfix, and extract the hotfix on top of the candidate), some features will be missing. If you want to know what EOF considers grid lines, you can use the "Edit>Grid snap>Display grid lines" feature. You can change the grid snap value with the , and . keys and the grid lines will update. Paste operations begin placing notes at the current seek position, regardless of whether the seek position is on a grid snap or not. The Song>Seek menu has functions to seek forward/backward by one grid snap so you can prepare for pasting notes exactly where you want them to go.