EOF Notes Constantly Off

jjsmith

Hi,

I've just started out trying to make custom songs for Rocksmith and I've already run into a snag. When importing my song into EOF the notes are constantly off, like off by almost 2 seconds. Is this normal? Or does it have something to do with the mp3 file and the Guitar Pro File?

• Like 1

Hi,

I've just started out trying to make custom songs for Rocksmith and I've already run into a snag. When importing my song into EOF the notes are constantly off, like off by almost 2 seconds. Is this normal? Or does it have something to do with the mp3 file and the Guitar Pro File?

Have you synced the song with GPA or did you just open GP file in EoF?

Hi,

I have been opening the GP file in EoF, and have used the BPM estimator on their to figure out my BPM. 

Hi,

I have been opening the GP file in EoF, and have used the BPM estimator on their to figure out my BPM. 

If you plan on making a lot of customs, i'd suggest getting Go Play Along. It's way easier to sync songs and you don't gave to try and figure out BPM. Plus it cuts down how long it takes to make customs, for me it takes about an hour and a half to make a song including testing and uploading, unless i have to make my own GP file then a little longer. If you only plan on making a few customs, then you could just use EoF to sync the beat maps and everything.

Hi,

If you plan on making a lot of customs, i'd suggest getting Go Play Along. It's way easier to sync songs and you don't gave to try and figure out BPM. Plus it cuts down how long it takes to make customs, for me it takes about an hour and a half to make a song including testing and uploading, unless i have to make my own GP file then a little longer. If you only plan on making a few customs, then you could just use EoF to sync the beat maps and everything.

Are their any tutorials on this site that explain how to use it? Along with using with the other programs that are needed to make the custom songs?

Hi,

Are their any tutorials on this site that explain how to use it? Along with using with the other programs that are needed to make the custom songs?

The only difference is that GPA isn't freeware, like everything else. I believe it's $20, it has other purposes than just making customs and like i said if you plan on making a bunch of customs it's definitely worth it. Here's the tutorial list, http://customsforge.com/topic/5577-tutorial-list/ i don't think there's anything about GPA in there, but it's a real easy program to use. You also can check it out for free, but you can't export the synced GP file unless you buy it. If you do decide to get it and need some help, i would be happy to help and kinda give you a little list of step to do. :)

Hi,

The only difference is that GPA isn't freeware, like everything else. I believe it's $20, it has other purposes than just making customs and like i said if you plan on making a bunch of customs it's definitely worth it. Here's the tutorial list, http://customsforge.com/topic/5577-tutorial-list/ i don't think there's anything about GPA in there, but it's a real easy program to use. You also can check it out for free, but you can't export the synced GP file unless you buy it. If you do decide to get it and need some help, i would be happy to help and kinda give you a little list of step to do. :)

I would like that very much thank you 

Okay here we go, This is how i do it and in no way is this the only way to use it but it works for me.

Step 1. Open Go PlayAlong

Step 2. Click on Library tab and select Add to Library, also a side note, You have to use a GP5 file to use in EoF.

Step 3. After use select your GP file, it will ask you to add a backing track, which will be the mp3 you will use to make the song, another side note, It's not mandatory or anything but i add 3 seconds of silence to the track with Audacity, which is freeware.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj59/Brooklyn_Sounds/Step2_zps93a3facf.jpgStep 4. After you have selected your track, hit the play button in GPA and it will ask if you want to sync the track and the GP file, hit yes.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj59/Brooklyn_Sounds/Step3_zpsc9af680d.jpg

Step 5. Figure out where the guitar notes start playing and click on the notes, then click below on the sound wave where it starts and you should have 2 red lines, that are separate. Click the link button and it will then link the sound wave and tab.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj59/Brooklyn_Sounds/Step4_zpsd31a977c.jpg Step 6. Go through the song and sync everything up and if you have a good GP tab, then once you sync 1 track then the rest will also sync up, i.e. Bass and other guitar tracks.

Step 7. Once your're sure it's synced, hit the finsh button.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj59/Brooklyn_Sounds/Step6_zpse770781f.jpg

Step 8. Once you've hit the finish button click on the library button and it will take you back to the front page. Once there hit library tab and select export track, then select the track you want to export, click the little folder icon and select where you want to export the track on your PC. For example, i have all my customs and related program files in one place, with separate folders in that folder if that makes sense :)

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj59/Brooklyn_Sounds/Step7_zpsb448003f.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj59/Brooklyn_Sounds/Step9_zpsb7c604c7.jpg

Once you know where you want to place the exported track, click finish export

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj59/Brooklyn_Sounds/Step12_zps9572933d.jpg

Step 9. Now Open EoF and select new and find your mp3 and wait for it to load, Once it's loaded, click on the file tab and select guitar pro import, and you should know where you placed your exported file. Once you've located it, this is important, select the XML file and NOT the guitar Pro file in the folder.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj59/Brooklyn_Sounds/Step14_zps29432fa5.jpg

Then you can see if it's all synced up and everything

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj59/Brooklyn_Sounds/Step15_zps25db868f.jpg

That's about it, I really hope this is helpful, but this is how i do it. I should mention that you have to select the XML file for every arrangement, i.e. Bass and rhythm guitar. everything else you need will be in the tutorial list here on the site. If you need any clarification or something please ask. :)

• Like 3

That's a nice write up, it may be worth posting it into a new thread so it can become a stickied tutorial.

The only thing I wonder about is where you said the XML file needs to be selected for each track that is imported from the Guitar Pro file. I wouldn't think that would be necessary, since the only thing the XML file is used for is the beat timing, which would be the same for every instrument track. So after importing the XML file once, you should be able to import the regular GP file for the other tracks. Let me know if that isn't so and I'll find a GPA file set and try it out to make sure.

• Like 1

That's a nice write up, it may be worth posting it into a new thread so it can become a stickied tutorial.

The only thing I wonder about is where you said the XML file needs to be selected for each track that is imported from the Guitar Pro file. I wouldn't think that would be necessary, since the only thing the XML file is used for is the beat timing, which would be the same for every instrument track. So after importing the XML file once, you should be able to import the regular GP file for the other tracks. Let me know if that isn't so and I'll find a GPA file set and try it out to make sure.

You're right, you only need to select the XML file once. I've never tried it and just assumed you had to select it for every track. Thanks for the feedback @@raynebc

Yes post as a tutorial please. I would've saved some time a while back if this was available.

It never ceases to amaze me how well equipped we are to make CDLC. From the tools to the tutorials to the helpful members. What an amazing community!

• Like 3

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.