Tech note "stop" question

Rockfirstlast

I created a 3 note chord.

I checked the SUSTAIN box and scrolled up to give it 700ms of sustain.

I switched over to tech view and created a STOP tech note on the top string of the chord 200ms into the sustain.

It looks like it was written correctly in the XML (first and second note show 700ms of sustain, third note shows 200ms of sustain)

<chord time="203.049" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="30" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="203.049" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="5" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="2" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0.700" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="203.049" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="5" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="3" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.700" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="203.049" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="4" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="3" sustain="0.200" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>

Yet in Rocksmith it is shown as a normal chord with all notes having the same length.  Is there something else that is needed to be done in order to create chords with different note lengths?

Thanks for any help.

have you tried to use the link next method instead of a tech note?

I tried it today.  It can be done this way when combined with some XML editing; thanks.  My thoughts are a little too scattered at the moment to explain what I did but it's gonna be much easier to continue placing single notes right next to each other, toggle crazy, and extend them.

I think it is a limitation within Rocksmith.  I haven't seen a chord with different note lengths in official charts, but maybe I just haven't played enough.  (I wish that THE RIFF REPEATER guy from youtube was on here, I think he's played literally every song.)

As Madmaxx suggested here is a simple example:

http://i.imgur.com/kV3B5Iu.png

BUT it's obvious ingame that something weird is going on.  Whenever you hit the linknext part the notes flash and it's a little distracting.

• 4 weeks later...

Have you tried this?

Place the chord like you have in the pic, but no sustain (for now).  Place ghost notes on the highway where you want the individual strings to end then apply linknext to the chord.  I presume that would manage the same effect but (possibly) without all the linknext lighting effects.

I haven't tried this but I presume (assumption is the mother of all cockups) it would work...

Also, you should check out the official Oasis - Supersonic dlc.  It's got some mad chord effects in it.

In fact, here it is.  It's the opposite of what you want, a chord that begins in different places instead of ending in different places, but I've definitely seen what you are looking for in official dlc too.  Just can't remember which off the top of the head...

http://youtu.be/roLEY4gZP3k

Edit - cycling home form work I had a think...  my method probably wouldn't work as EoF does not export ghost notes, so the XML would likely say to link the chord to the next note i.e. the next chord or whatever.  It may look correct in EoF, but it won't export correctly.

Some investigation needed, where's my screwdriver???  :D