problems with bonus arrangement

dpslikeits1999

Question

I made a CDLC with a bonus arrangement that is just a slight variation of the lead guitar part.  There's less than a 5% difference between the two and the bonus arrangement is the easier of the two.  All the XMLs were made in the same EoF project.

Yet, when I play the bonus arrangement, RockSmith doesn't seem to be registering most of my notes or thinks I'm playing them wrong.  It'll say miss, late, or point arrows to the right indicating I'm a fret too low when I'm not).  I can play the lead part that contains more notes and get 95+% accuracy (It's not that hard of a song).  When I shift to the bonus arrangement, I'm lucky if I get 35+% accuracy and it'll turn down the DD lvl as I'm playing, thinking I'm missing notes.

The guitar is not out of tune.  I can switch back and forth between the lead and bonus arrangement and the lead works fine.  The volume is up.  I can hear the guitar coming through the pc speakers.   If I play the bonus arrangement on riff repeater in slow motion, I get the same problem. 

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks.

9 answers to this question

Good news, bad news.    The good, the strings were not set to 0.  I manually set them all to 0 in Notepad.  The song played played fine in RS with the EADGB strings fixed but the high E still wasn't working.  I made sure it was tuned and it worked in the other arrangements. 

Now, the bad, I exited and relaunched RockSmith and the program stops when I try to play the song (lead, not even the bonus arrangement). 

Any reason the Real_Bass_22 XML file is set to a different tuning?   The Guitar Pro file I'm importing from is set to standard tuning.  It must be changing in EoF.

In EOF it's

Track-ProGuitar-Set Tuning

Change all those to 0's, say no to any prompts about transposing.

Remove arrangement from toolkit and re-add it.

Crashes happen sometimes.  Regenerate the package a couple times and see if that fixes the crash problem.  If not upload the file and we'll go from there.

Ok, this may be where the problem is.  When the Song-Track is set to Real_Guitar, the Track-ProGuitar-Set Tuning is 'Standard' with zeros and EADGBE (reading up).  When the Song-Track is set to Real_Bass_22, the Track-ProGuitar-Set Tuning is 'Unknown' with the numbers 4,4,5,5,5,5 reading down and EADGBE reading up.  It's using an unknown baseline of some other tuning and retuning it to Estandard. 

The XML file isn't recognizing the new tuning.  I think it's treating the tuning as if it should be 4 or 5 half steps from EADGBE. 

Is there a way to edit the guitar tuning starting point?

I haven't poked around in this area of EoF before.  Could this have been the default settings?  I'm pretty sure it's not being changed by the Guitar Pro file.  I created a working CDLC from the same GP file without the tuning changes.

Ok, did as you said.  Changed tuning setting to all zeros.  XML files shows all zeros.  Yay!  However, high E string still isn't being recognized.  Other five strings are fine.  This was the same situation when I went in and manually changed to zeros using notepad.   This time I can exit and reenter RS and play the song without RS crashing.  When I changed to zeros using notepad, crashed.

Went and played the lead, rhythm, and bass arrangements, all fine. 

I know the high E is in tune.  I went and tuned it right before the song.  Played the same part (open E string) in the Lead role, no problem.  Played it in the bonus arrangement, miss miss miss miss miss.  What's wrong with my E?

Thank.  I appreciate your time and thought you're putting into this.  I'm just trying to make my CDLC better and you're talking me down from 20,000 ft.

Ok, did as you said.  Changed tuning setting to all zeros.  XML files shows all zeros.  Yay!  However, high E string still isn't being recognized.  Other five strings are fine.  This was the same situation when I went in and manually changed to zeros using notepad.   This time I can exit and reenter RS and play the song without RS crashing.  When I changed to zeros using notepad, crashed.

Went and played the lead, rhythm, and bass arrangements, all fine. 

I know the high E is in tune.  I went and tuned it right before the song.  Played the same part (open E string) in the Lead role, no problem.  Played it in the bonus arrangement, miss miss miss miss miss.  What's wrong with my E?

Thank.  I appreciate your time and thought you're putting into this.  I'm just trying to make my CDLC better and you're talking me down from 20,000 ft.

No idea why only the high E string wouldn't register.  The only suggestion I can make is to upload the project + psarc so it can be fiddled with.

I got it fixed.  I played around with the Track-Rocksmith-Arrangement type options.  By changing this, the default settings under Track-ProGuitar-Set Tuning are changed.   The available default setting under Track-ProGuitar-set Tuning are dependent on the individual track.  Real_Guitar had Standard (EADGBE) available but Real_bass_22 did not.  I could only get EADGBE with Real_Bass_22 set to a rhythm arrangement.  Thanks for your help.  I would have given up with your insights.

• Like 1

I got it fixed.  I played around with the Track-Rocksmith-Arrangement type options.  By changing this, the default settings under Track-ProGuitar-Set Tuning are changed.   The available default setting under Track-ProGuitar-set Tuning are dependent on the individual track.  Real_Guitar had Standard (EADGBE) available but Real_bass_22 did not.  I could only get EADGBE with Real_Bass_22 set to a rhythm arrangement.  Thanks for your help.  I would have given up with your insights.

Next time before you import a guitar track into the real_bass_22 track just set before importing the arrangement type to Lead or Rhythm. This will make sure that the tuning will get imported as a guitar tuning and not as a bass tuning.

• Like 1