How to control of the volume of the track.

nasents

Question

Changing the volume of the guitar tracks is pretty easy in the tone setting, but I can only make the song so much louder and sometime the in game crowd is louder than the track and you can barely hear it.

I've played with the gain settings in Wwise but it doesn't seem to change anything in game. 

Am I missing something somewhere?  Most songs are fine but a few are really quiet in game.

4 answers to this question

Best way to start is to adjust volume of the mp3 right from the start in Audacity, in such way that the isolated top and bottom peaks of the wave form touch the window border. Some rare peaks (5-10%) may overide the borders, but not too many, because sound gets deteriorated, specially the heights. Check this with headphones.

From that on, you have a constant volume parameter on which you can rely to adjust the volume in RS as recommended above.

Tone adjustment depend on their gain/presence in the amp/pedals/cabinets adjustments.

Mostly the values lie under 25, for bass even under 20.

If your song has a lot of low fret / low string notes, make it louder.

If it has more hi-string/high frets, make it lower.

It may even be useful to use two different tones, for high and low notes, which are exactly the same, except for the volume.

However every tone that tends to be acoustic needs a lot more volume up to 40.

Best way to start is to adjust volume of the mp3 right from the start in Audacity, in such way that the isolated top and bottom peaks of the wave form touch the window border. Some rare peaks (5-10%) may overide the borders, but not too many, because sound gets deteriorated, specially the heights. Check this with headphones.

From that on, you have a constant volume parameter on which you can rely to adjust the volume in RS as recommended above.

Tone adjustment depend on their gain/presence in the amp/pedals/cabinets adjustments.

Mostly the values lie under 25, for bass even under 20.

If your song has a lot of low fret / low string notes, make it louder.

If it has more hi-string/high frets, make it lower.

It may even be useful to use two different tones, for high and low notes, which are exactly the same, except for the volume.

However every tone that tends to be acoustic needs a lot more volume up to 40.

Thanks for this, I'll give it a shot.  I'll have to figure out audacity now.   I don't have any problems with the tone volume just the song.