Some issues with RS14 CDLC

Tremonster

Question

Hii,

Some of you might have noticed Im adding CDLC lately.

Except from 1 or 2 im currently fixing the rest is pretty good for my first CDLC.

The only thing is, can't seem to get some things working.

1. Riff Repeater, i add RS sections and phrases (and DD works ingame) but after clicking start riff repeater it freezes up. Sometimes other people's CDLC have this as well. Anyone got an idea what this might be? and how can I fix it?

2. When i add Leading Silence and click on add/ok/confirm it creates a 3 second chart. The actual chart itself with the notes dissapears. I follow the exact steps in tutorial video's posted here but still it wont work properly.

3. Tone switching, I add the tone switches in EOF. Make the tones the same name. And in RS Toolkit I select tone A and B in the settings. But it wont switch in game. What do i do wrong?

4. Sometimes i get a error saying "There is no COUNT phrase, but the first beat already has a phrase"...

I Would like to make quality CDLC with DD and RR and good tones but cant seem to get it working atm, thanks in advance!!

Greetings

3 answers to this question

Hii,

Some of you might have noticed Im adding CDLC lately.

Except from 1 or 2 im currently fixing the rest is pretty good for my first CDLC.

The only thing is, can't seem to get some things working.

1. Riff Repeater, i add RS sections and phrases (and DD works ingame) but after clicking start riff repeater it freezes up. Sometimes other people's CDLC have this as well. Anyone got an idea what this might be? and how can I fix it?

2. When i add Leading Silence and click on add/ok/confirm it creates a 3 second chart. The actual chart itself with the notes dissapears. I follow the exact steps in tutorial video's posted here but still it wont work properly.

3. Tone switching, I add the tone switches in EOF. Make the tones the same name. And in RS Toolkit I select tone A and B in the settings. But it wont switch in game. What do i do wrong?

4. Sometimes i get a error saying "There is no COUNT phrase, but the first beat already has a phrase"...

I Would like to make quality CDLC with DD and RR and good tones but cant seem to get it working atm, thanks in advance!!

Greetings

1) There's a topic somewhere in the forum on fixing riff repeater errors but I can't find it right now.  I can suggest making sure new phrases start on a note (this was suggested in that topic) and making sure the granularity in Wwise is set to 16384.

2) I have this problem sometimes too.  I work around it by either adding leading silence to the audio in audacity beforehand or by choosing a different sampling rate when starting a new file.

3) Sorry, don't know why.  You can upload a project and people here will usually figure out what the problem is pretty quickly.

4) This is EOF telling you it wants to create a phrase called COUNT on the first beat, but it can't because you created another phrase there.  If you don't wanna see the error every time you save, don't place an event at the first beat marker.

• Administrator

1. it's probably the granularity in wwise that causes this. Know that if there's error in the sections phrases, DDC will inform you of them too.

2. if you are using the stream copy option try using the other one or the other way ;)

3. are you sure that the tone change aren't disabled in the toolkit itself (there's a checkbox that's automatically check when there's multiple tone to avoid problems)

4. As @@Rockfirstlast said, it might not be a big issue from what i've heard.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity