Just a little question

Racecrown

Question

HI everyone . 

I'm Ian and i was late on the rocksmith train. So we i got my copy in August i was seeing someone kill Ready, Set, Go which i saw was a CDLC for rocksmith. I thought it was really cool. but then i learned the dark side of cdlc. I understand everyone here is pasionate about this product but why is there really a HARD HARD dispostion to CRACK downloaders. Keep in mind i'm got 360 version. I really want what  can i do to really get some of these songs without having to break my console or my wallet again....

3 answers to this question

The need to mod your Xbox to get cDLC to work on it has nothing to do with this site or the people who make the customs.  It's necessary because of the way the file system is structured on the 360 (and playstation) and because using the cDLC requires files for the game to be hacked to grant the functionality.

There's no way to use customs on an Xbox or PS3 without modding it.

As far as pirating a copying for PC/Mac, you're obviously welcome to do whatever you want with your own computer.  However you won't get much help here from people as its against the site rules and most people here would agree that buying a legit copy is well worth the investment.  Without consumer support, there wouldn't be a Rocksmith 2014 and there won't be any other future editions.  And without the game, there's no need or use for customs.

Steam runs sales every couple of months and it's well worth picking up a discounted copy of Rocksmith then.  It's usually on sale for around $15, which is a steal compared to the $60 regular price.

• Like 7

Also, you won't get necessary updates with hacked copies which are necessary to make the game run smoothly.  Definitely worth spending at  least $15.  Like Wepeel, I also want to see future copies of Rocksmith so I support them with a purchase.

• Like 3

i agree with the others.. i bought it for PS3 at first, however only then I realized i needed to first crack my PS3 to play cdlc's..

i did order a hardware-flasher to crack my PS3, however while waiting for the shipment I found one of the above mentioned sales, so i bought the game for PC for 15 USD.. i'm using the cable that was supplied with the PS3-game, but now i primarily play on PC and hardly on PS3 (which i did crack once the flasher arrived, but only to not have wasted money on the flasher :P )