Every song starts at 0% difficulty

Popsucker

Question

8 answers to this question

The .dll file causes that. The game will keep your level after you play a song but they will all start low. There is NO fix except to adjust them up as you said you know how to do. Sorry, it's a side effect that is irritating, but harmless.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

I don't think this is the same thing as the issue caused by the .dll file.  I've been experiencing the same thing on all customs put out in the last week.

I play on Mac, so I'm not affected by the same .dll issue.  Prior to last week, most customs would start at anywhere between 35-80% as normal.  However, since last week, all new customs I add are starting at 0%.  So basically almost no notes show up at all.

Off the top of my head, the new 3 pack of Black Keys songs that @@Brooklyn_Sounds just uploaded, as well as most of the recent Weezer tracks all had the issue.  I "spoke" to @@Brooklyn_Sounds about it, and he said they all played fine on his end and I used the Mac versions he posted himself.

So I'm not sure what could be causing it on my end.  The only thing that I've changed in the last week was updating Steam.

Official DLC works fine, I purchased the No Doubt pack when it was released and they all started at random, seemingly normal, difficulty percentages.

I don't play a ton of DD songs. And the in game ones have been acting normally. I have seen customs start at silly low levels but one play through is all that is needed to ramp them up. But I've not had one not save the progress though.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

I don't play a ton of DD songs. And the in game ones have been acting normally. I have seen customs start at silly low levels but one play through is all that is needed to ramp them up. But I've not had one not save the progress though.

Yeah, there's no problem with them ramping up.  But they start at 0%, which means that there are 0 notes to play, and no way to ramp up.  You have to use RR to manually raise the difficulty.  

And as I said, it's new problem that has only started in the last week.  I'm wondering if it has something to do with the last Toolkit update.  

Old customs that were posted prior to last week, that I just downloaded today, don't have that problem.

I usually download non-DD versions of songs I know won't be hard, but not everybody does non-DD versions.  

I checked earlier and the black keys and the weezer i downloaded all started around 50-60 in RR, so i don't know, doesn't the game recognize your skill and automatically adjust RR, I swear every time i get a new cdlc, official dlc,  it's adjusted on how i play similar songs. Maybe it's just a coincidence, hope you you figure it out @@Wepeel. :) 

I checked earlier and the black keys and the weezer i downloaded all started around 50-60 in RR, so i don't know, doesn't the game recognize your skill and automatically adjust RR, I swear every time i get a new cdlc, official dlc,  it's adjusted on how i play similar songs. Maybe it's just a coincidence, hope you you figure it out @@Wepeel. :)

Yeah, it usually adjusts based on skill.  That's why it's weird, because I'm definitely better than 0%.  And like I said, it's only been happening in the last week and only on newly released customs.

By the way, I only mentioned your name and songs because they were specific examples I could think of off the top of my head.  I didn't mean to imply that there was anything wrong with them or your work.  Some of Hzredwing's songs have done it as well, but only the one's he has posted this week (Run Right Back and Hell of a Season).

But obviously there is something going on, because you and I both play on Mac and it happens to me and not to you.   So I'll have to do some more digging to try and find an answer.