Maybe it's me...but seems like half of what I download doesn't work

JSChariot

Question

Didn't used to be this way. I have a ton of songs that work just fine... but then there's the odd stinker (usually something I really want to play). But lately, its like everything I download doesn't work: get to the play screen and I'm just looking at the two amps and nothing ever happpens.

Since its happening so much, I'm thinking its me. Am I doing something, or NOT doing something? What might I be missing here?

Examples: No version of BOC Dancin' in the Ruins will play for me. Just downloaded Seven Mary 3 Cumbersome, won't play. Gojia songs... won't play. This Will Destroy You song... won't play.

On a brand new computer, seriously outclasses the PC I used to play on.

3 answers to this question

This is probably not your case, but for me whenever it gets stuck at the amps screen or even at the startup screen (so not related to specific CDLC) there is always some windows update or antivirus scan that has decided to activate itself and use a lot of processing. 

On 5/30/2024 at 7:22 PM, Hikikomori said:

yeah, you're on a new computer, and you didn't install the dll that lets you play custom songs. thats how you fix getting stuck at the amp screen.

https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/cdlcenabler

Well, it would appear that I have missed a step.  I'm not sure this is totally the solution to my problems but I will definetly give this a go and see where I stand. Thank you!

• Thanks 1